Schrödinger's error message: " Lost connection to SABnzbd.."

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
diamaunt

Re: Schrödinger's error message: " Lost connection to SABnzbd.."

Post by diamaunt »

Puzzled wrote: December 20th, 2022, 8:34 am An average load of almost 3 is quite high. If you can't do anything about that then see if you can give SABnzbd a higher priority. I think the reason why it sometimes doesn't respond quickly enough is that it's too busy doing other things. On Linux you can set CPU priority using nice and disk priority using ionice. I don't know anything about Solaris.
The load depends on how many processors you have.

If you've only got one CPU, then a load average of 3 is quite high, meaning that there's 3 things waiting to get on that one processor at any one time.

as it is, there's 3/4ths of one thing waiting to get on a processor.

Some of the systems I've worked on had 256 processors, with a load over 200, and you couldn't even tell something else was running on there..
Puzzled

Re: Schrödinger's error message: " Lost connection to SABnzbd.."

Post by Puzzled »

I don't know with Solaris but on Linux load does not mean CPU load only. It can also be IO. What you say is true for CPU load but if you have 3 processes waiting for disk access then it doesn't matter how many cores you have.