SabNZBDvpn no longer able to connect to both Radarr/Sonarr

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
timisfire

SabNZBDvpn no longer able to connect to both Radarr/Sonarr

Post by timisfire »

Hey, guys. Long-time user of Unraid and Radarr/Sonarr and Sabnzbd dockers (about 5 years.)

I am having a whopper of a problem, have gone down more rabbit holes than I can count (including in here) over the last few days and am really hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I have used Binhex's Radarr and Sonarr in combination with his Sabnzbdvpn dockers in Unraid for about 5years with NO issues EVER. A few days ago I noticed shows were not downloading anymore and looked into it. I found that when I go to the download clients section in both Sonarr/Radarr and pick my longtime friend Sabnzbd and click on the "test" button, instead of taking 3 seconds to get a green checkmark and show it succeeded, I get this error: (And since I'm new, I can't post a link so the 'http' is missing from the error message.)

"Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): '://192.168.0.180:8080/api?mode=get_config&apikey=670d56caa9fb4848a384bd54ca8ac555&output=json'

I don't know what the heck happened. Prior to this problem, I have been using all three of these dockers without issue through multiple Unraid OS updates and never had any issues. Now, out of the blue, I can't get Sonarr or Radarr to connect to Sabnzbdvpn to save the world. I have deleted/reinstalled them inside unraid as well as deleting the leftover folders in Unraid manually and have used all of my previous settings and nothing works. I can actually manually download an nzb file from my indexer site no problem but Sonarr/Radarr won't connect to Sab.

I also have NOT changed anything on my router or firewall prior to this problem. Never had to, it just worked.

If I didn't know any better I'd think I have some corrupt file somewhere that I can't find and is messing everything up regardless of whether I delete/uninstall the dockers and re-install them or not.

I can go to edit on all three dockers no problem, I can pull up the GUI in all 3 no problem. Sonarr and Radarr can both search for and que files I want no problem. BUT neither can connect to Sab. When I originally setup my Unraid server, I followed Spaceinvaderone's great tutorials on all three. I have gone back and painstakingly watched and reenacted each of the many steps one at a time and STILL my dockers won't play ball. It makes no sense.

I've done other steps but can't remember right now what others I've done. I'm about to lose my mind with this. Oh, and I have tried restoring my appdata several times from my nightly backups and it doesn't make a difference. I've gone back to Dec. 10th and it doesn't help. Same results.

I sure hope there is someone here that knows a lot more than I do and can help, please because my knowledge of Linux is limited. I know just enough to get Unraid working and do simple tasks but not much more. Again, I've had my Radarr/Sonarr/Sabnzbdvpn working flawlessly for years and out of nowhere it just stops. Thanks in advance to anyone that has the answer(s.)

P.S. - I have also tried assigning a static IP to the Sabnzbdvpn docker with the IP address 192,168.0.180 (shown in the first of the two error messages pasted above.) But I still get the same error message saying it can't connect.

And just so I don't forget to mention, in both Sonarr and Radarr in the download client area, where it says "localhost" I've put what I've always put which is my server ip: 192.168.0.110. That ip is static and hasn't changed in over a decade. I can still do everything I need to with that server at that ip.

Oh and I'm using the latest version of Sabnzbdvpn from Binhex: 3.7.1
Oh, and I was on Unraid 11.1.2 but I WAS on 11.1.5 for the last few weeks and decided today to roll back to 11.1.2 but I still have the same errors.
drjarmin

Re: SabNZBDvpn no longer able to connect to both Radarr/Sonarr

Post by drjarmin »

Hi Timisfire - did you manage to get any further with this? I am having the exact same issue with both Sonarr and Radarr unable to connect on my Synology. It has been rock solid for years but last 4 days the 'test' always fails in both apps. I get the same error message. I have updated the docker images and they are now all up to date. The ports are open, I can browse the UI for all apps. The test downloads work in SAB and the searches work in both apps. I can't see any relevant errors in the SAB log files.... 3 days into this issue and not making any progress.
drjarmin

Re: SabNZBDvpn no longer able to connect to both Radarr/Sonarr

Post by drjarmin »

Ok this is odd.... I haven't changed the IP address of my NAS for years (192.168.1.200). Access to Radarr / Sonarr / SABnzbd has always been via 192.168.1.200:{AppPortNumber}. However, I was going through all the settings in SABnzbd again to see why it stopped working 4 days ago and noticed the local IP address is now the Docker Container IP (172.17.0.2). If I use this IP in Sonarr / Radarr it works (yet I still access SABnzbd via 192.168.1.200:8080)! But I don't understand how this came about? I don't recall making any changes on the network. Where does SABnzbd get the local IPv4 address from?