SAB doesn't pause par2 files when download is obfuscated

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ZCfW7m8K

SAB doesn't pause par2 files when download is obfuscated

Post by ZCfW7m8K »

Hi
I have a very annoying situation.

Most of my Downloads are obfuscated so SAB is downloading the smallest file (par2) to get the information for renaming and reordering all files.
I can see all files in the files list(<filename>.7z.001, <filename>.7z.002... and all par2 files).
SAB then starts downloading all parts but instead of stopping and starting the extraction it downloads all par2 files too.
Thats not necessary because there are no missing articles.
"Download all par2 files" is unchecked.
Is it possbile to change this behaviour please?
This is a huge waste of traffic each download for me.

Here is a screen that shows the file list after renaming and reordering:

imgbox<dot>com/SxQIafax

As you can see SAB knows the files but instead of stopping after part 022 it downloads all par2 files too.

SAB should do the same like it does with non obfuscated files.
Downloading all parts, starting extraction and only downloading par2 files when there is an error.

For now i have to wait for the renaming and reordering and delete all par2 files manually to stop SAB from downloading them.
This is very annoying.
Extraction has no errors, everything is fine which means SAB doesn't need to download any par2 files after downloading all parts.
I dont want SAB to download any par2 files when not necessary.

Please help.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SAB doesn't pause par2 files when download is obfuscated

Post by safihre »

Can you maybe share a screenshot without the black bar?
The reason is that we need to group together par2 files to know which ones we can pause. So if there's a season pack, we pause the right set of par2 files and add the right par2 files from the correct set if a file has missing articles.
For obfuscated post the set-link is lost, so to be on the safe side we download all because we couldn't match those extra par2 to the original small par2. The small par2 doesn't contain information to identify the other par2 files, only the source rar/7zip files.
Only after we download them, we can see inside the par2 files that they actually belong together... Annoying, but not much I think we can do..
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ZCfW7m8K

Post by ZCfW7m8K »

All parts and par2 files have the same name, i sent you a pm.
The downloads are no season packs all par2 files belong to these parts.

Its totally ok when sab is downloading parts of the par2 files to check everything but why download all par2 files after all parts have been downloaded?
Is it possible to start the extraction first and only download all par2 files when there is an error?
A new switch in the settings (try to extract files before downloading more par2 files - use at own risk) or something.
Like i said when i delete the par2 files from the files list after renaming and reordering sab is downloading all parts and extracting everything without problems.
But of course this could be a problem if there are missing articles but i normally dont have missing articles.
A optional switch or something would be great.

nzbget is handling this fine btw.
It downloads all parts and starts extracting without downloading all par2 files.
But i moved to sab a few weeks ago because nzbget doesn't support recursive unpacking without third party scripts.
I really like sab and dont want to move back because of this.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The first file has a different name, so like I described before we can't match it correctly as I described before.
At least not currently.
You could send me the NZB's at [email protected] and I can see if maybe I can come up with something smarter.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate