Best way to queue up jobs from iOS?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
supercooled

Best way to queue up jobs from iOS?

Post by supercooled »

I am new to SabNZB. Is there a practical way to log on and queue up jobs that you’ve found on your iPhone or iOS device? Should I instead donor via VNC or another full fledged remote software? I’m struggling to understand why SabNZB even has a remote function.

Would be nice to queue up some jobs remotely while non out and have some down time to peruse the index sites.

Thanks
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Best way to queue up jobs from iOS?

Post by safihre »

If you use indexers, use the Cart function that they have. From the indexer you can add jobs to your cart and then the cart has a dedicated RSS url. You can then configure the RSS feed (see Config) for the cart.
This way SABnzbd will check every X minutes (default 15) if there's new stuff in your cart and then download it for you.

The remote feature is useful for when you are at home to view the queue from any device or if you configure it correctly with a proxy or port forwarding to see the queue also when you are remote.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate