Cannot write to INI file on MacOS

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
MajorHavoc

Cannot write to INI file on MacOS

Post by MajorHavoc »

I have scoured the web for an answer to this, but am not finding anything.

I set up Sabnzbd and put in one server. That seems to work and it just sits around waiting just fine.
And then I change a setting via the Config menu and it does NOT stick, and I start getting errors that look like:

ERROR a few seconds ago. Cannot write to INI file .../user/Library/Application Support/SABnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

How does one correct this error? I have tried restarting over too many times and nothing changes. I checked the permissions on the file. All good. I am an admin use on the machine, and since I am running the program, I should have access to the file. But this is obviously something other than file permissions obviously. Perhaps some other error that just has a very bad error message?

I do have on oddness on this machine. I moved from Windows to Mac, and I just brought over my NTFS formatted data drive for the downloads, and am using NTFS for Mac to have read/write access to that drive. That said, the ini file is on the main HD, so I suspect that drive is not the issue. And the few downloads that have queued download just fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cannot write to INI file on MacOS

Post by safihre »

Have you tried modifying the permissions of the mentioned folder and file? You can reach it through Finder.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate