3.7.1 on Mac freezing/extremely slow when working in or between RSS feed pages

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Specious1

3.7.1 on Mac freezing/extremely slow when working in or between RSS feed pages

Post by Specious1 »

Hi, after updating from 3.7.0 I noticed almost immediately that there was an issue with SabNZDb 3.7.1 especially when working with RSS pages.

After making an edit within an RSS feed page, click save on any modified item can take between 30 seconds and f (or more) minutes to refresh the page.
Even deselecting feeds on the /sabnzbd/config/rss/ page takes ten seconds or more to take effect.

Initially I reasoned that it was probably my older Mac mini running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 that was the issue up until a feed disappeared after adding a new item to it. Luckily recoverable from a recent daily backup.

Installed 3.7.1 on the M1 Mac Studio running macOS Monterey 12.6.2 only to experience the same issue.

Replaced 3.7.1 with 3.7.0 and the issue no longer exists.

Both Safari and Firefox were used to test this.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 3.7.1 on Mac freezing/extremely slow when working in or between RSS feed pages

Post by safihre »

Strange, as no code was changed in RSS feeds between those versions.
What if you try 3.7.2?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Specious1

Re: 3.7.1 on Mac freezing/extremely slow when working in or between RSS feed pages

Post by Specious1 »

Thanks for the response.
It is strange. Also, both computers have 32Gb of RAM so it's unlikely to be a memory issue.

I wil try 3.7.2 as you suggest and let you know how it goes.
Specious1

Post by Specious1 »

safihre wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:25 pm Strange, as no code was changed in RSS feeds between those versions.
What if you try 3.7.2?
I should have come back with this response earlier, apologies.

I worked out that the issue was the macOS update to macOS Monterey 12.3 no longer includes the old version of Python and replaced wit with Python 3.
Having discovered this, i created a symbolic link to point any python calls to Python3 and it has been working perfectly since.

Many thanks for help and advice, I have made a donation.