setup test server fails

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
srednaz

setup test server fails

Post by srednaz »

After upgrade to Mac Catalina I had to re-install Sabnzbd but ran into MANY problems. I now get error 61 during setup when testing server. I have tried different ports. 563 is restricted on Mac so no-go. 8080 also fails. Tried 8008, 8085 etc still no connection by editing the .ini file. Completely deleted everything and re-download .dmg and started over, still no connection. Tried using: http://127.0.0.1:8080/sabnzbd/wizard/one# instead of http://127.0.0.1:563/sabnzbd/wizard/one#. Nothing works, I still fail when testin server. HELP!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: setup test server fails

Post by sander »

Your mixing up things: port 8080 is for SABnzbd itselft. Port 563 is for ports of newsserver ... don't use that.

So, do this: stop sabnzbd, find & delete sabnzbd.ini, start SABnzbd, it should start the wizard. Do you get that wizard?
srednaz

Post by srednaz »

Yes I have done this multiple times, alway I get the timeout errorno 61 whether I check or unchec SSL. I suspect that when I upgraded I have wifi now whereas before I was using LAN connection to the modem (Sonic fiber optic connection) that somehow I am not properly connecting to the modem though I have found no instructions about such connection. In .ini file host is listed as 127.0.0.1 but when I try a browser connect to that address I get nothing. I am trying to find method to acces my Sonic modem.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Do you get the wizard?

The error no 61 ... is that when you fill out a server? If so, which server do you fill out ?
srednaz

Post by srednaz »

3rd try to send this reply: For setup wizard I enter: UsenetServer .com with my username and password. The test server returns errorno 61 whether I click SSL or leave it unclicked. (port 119 unclicked, port 563 clicked)
srednaz

Post by srednaz »

Added info: I turned off wifi and got my internet through my ethernet connection to my Sonic modem. This did not help, same errorno 61 when during setup I clicked "test server"
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

The correct server name is detailed in this support article. It must be typed exactly as shown: https://support.usenetserver.com/kb/art ... and-ports/
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I enter: UsenetServer .com
And that is wrong. Use news.usenetserver.com
srednaz

Post by srednaz »

That did it! Many many thanks. I am up and running (or should I say "Downloading" ). Thanks again.