How to view live script output in history tab/api while post processing is ongoing?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sanjitsinhaa

How to view live script output in history tab/api while post processing is ongoing?

Post by sanjitsinhaa »

Hey.

I am trying to write a post processing script which run in loop and print update of progress in percentage in the terminal, but i am not able to view live progress bar in history section. It only show the final print statement after the script is completely finished.

Is there any way by which i can get live terminal output from my api?
Last edited by sanjitsinhaa on March 14th, 2023, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: How to view live script output in history tab/api whole script is not finished?

Post by jcfp »

I don't think there is a way to get live updates of that output from sab while your postproc script is running, from either the web interface or the API.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to view live script output in history tab/api whole script is not finished?

Post by safihre »

Maybe we could add it though, we just don't expose it but we do capture all output line by line while running.
You can create a Feature Request on Github!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sanjitsinhaa

Re: How to view live script output in history tab/api while post processing is ongoing?

Post by sanjitsinhaa »

I found the solution. I am redirecting my progress output to sabnzbd log and direclty writing progress in log file. I can retrieve this info in history section or via history API.