SABnzbd is availabe in Termux repository (Android)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
moneytoo

SABnzbd is availabe in Termux repository (Android)

Post by moneytoo »

As I occasionally need to fetch some nzbs on the go, I packaged v3.7.2 and submitted it to Termux. Packaging it was actually needed as the SABYenc3/SABCTools Python library doesn't compile on device without some setting up.

Notes about this package:
  • sabnzbd command is available
  • Service file is provided so daemon launch can be fully under control using sv (see termux-service)
  • Launching of web browser works
  • Config is in user home ($HOME/.sabnzbd)
  • To save downloaded files in Android's download folder, make sure you run termux-setup-storage and modify your paths from $HOME/Downloads to $HOME/storage/downloads
The changes are merged and SABnzbd is already available. Enjoy!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABnzbd is availabe in Termux repository (Android)

Post by sander »

Can you explain a bit more?

I found "Termux is a terminal emulator application for Android OS which can be extended by packages of ported common GNU/Linux utilities.". But/and https://packages.termux.dev/ shows debian-like repo's? So you have to install termux, including the repo's, and then you can install SABnzbd on termux on Android ... ?
moneytoo

Re: SABnzbd is availabe in Termux repository (Android)

Post by moneytoo »

Termux uses deb packages, but everything needs to be crosscompiled and use special prefix. To run SABnzbd on Android, all you have to do is basically install Termux APK, launch it, ideally run update (pkg update) and install SABnzbd (pkg install sabnzbd). (pkg is just a wrapper so you may use apt/apt-get directly)