Choose speed throttle based on priority level

Want something added? Ask for it here.
Lingo6668

Choose speed throttle based on priority level

Post by Lingo6668 »

Hello, it will be nice if there is an option to limit the download speed based on priority level, i got a monthly download quota and when fetching low priority stuff i would like it to download at an example 4mbps and new high priority un-throttled and normal priority at say 10mbps.
Can this be implemented ?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Choose speed throttle based on priority level

Post by sander »

Lingo6668 wrote: April 21st, 2023, 3:27 am i got a monthly download quota and when fetching low priority stuff i would like it to download at an example 4mbps
Can this be implemented ?
if you set it to lower speed, how does that effect your quota?
Lingo6668

Post by Lingo6668 »

Having the low priority at a lower speed (3-4mbps) allows me to not go over my monthly quota, but still gives me the ability to fetch the new content at a high speed (20-40mbps) so the wait time is not long
atm i have to manually change the throttle on certain needs, so having that option frees up the managing of quota limits.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

So: let's assume download is 1GB.

You download it at full speed, and that adds 1GB to your monthly download quota.

And if you you download it at throttled speed ...that adds the same 1GB to your monthly download quota.

So what is the difference to your quota?
Lingo6668

Post by Lingo6668 »

its because when arr's fetch new shows, movies i get hundreds in the queue, which can be over 20 - 30 TB. which will be way over my monthly limit. so i have to throttle my downloading at a low speed to keep in the limit.
but because of this if a new movie comes out, it will also be throttled which could take hours at that lower speed than full speed of 20 -30mbps.
i understand 1gb is 1 gb, but downloading tb's of content is the problem what i would like to be automated.
so like i mentioned for low priority it would be nice to have a throttled speed and higher priority have faster speeds.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

You are aware there's built-in support for quota in sabnzbd, which can be overridden for specific jobs by setting their priority to Force?
Lingo6668

Post by Lingo6668 »

That option does not allow the forced items to run at full speed.
like i mentioned. i want to have a constant dl speed of 3-4mbps every day, if a high priority item comes in it overrides that throttled speed and download at full speed, once done, the low priority continues to run at 3-4 mbps.

Also, i am using the quota limit already. but you failed to understand that i want to dl recent items at full speed.