Sorting not working properly since 4.0

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
iNSPiRE

Sorting not working properly since 4.0

Post by iNSPiRE »

Since updating to 4.0 and more recently 4.0.1, I started to notice that sorting is no longer working as it used to.

Somehow, some episodes are now extracted to a subfolder with the same name "Friends\Season 1\Friends S01E01 Fake Name\Friends S01E01 Fake Name\"

I've also noticed that some episodes are not being sorted at all for some reason and instead are being extracted to the Complete folder.
I noticed this after downloading 3 episodes of one show resulting in 1 being extracted to the correct Sorting folder whereas the other 2 were extracted to the Complete folder instead.

Extracted to the correct folder:

Extracted to the Complete folder:

I've rolled back to 3.7.2 in the meanwhile. Thought this was worth reporting. Any ideas?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sorting not working properly since 4.0

Post by safihre »

Your screenshot is from 3.7.2. The Sorting changed a lot in 4.0.0.
So what are your settings for 4.0.0? Make sure to enable Advanced Settings just in case.

Specifically your issue with not being sorter seems to be that those other jobs are in a different Category (tv vs Default). You have to make sure you select all relevant categories in the Sorting settings, only if the category is matched it will sort.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
iNSPiRE

Post by iNSPiRE »

I appreciate the confusion. I took the screenshots after rolling back to 3.7.2 but the downloads/extraction took place with 4.0.1.
Thanks for pointing out the category, I hadn't noticed it looked different. That said, I don't see why one episode would be correctly identified and sorted accordingly but not the other two.
I have re-upgraded to 4.0.1 and will reattempt to download the same items to see if it behaves any differently.

This is what it looks like in 4.0.1.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The problem is that the jobs were not in the right category, that's not a Sorting problem but assignment when the job is added. Either through the tags in the NZB or manual (see Categories wiki for that).
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
iNSPiRE

Post by iNSPiRE »

Ah okay thanks. That makes sense.

Sorting aside, the issue since 4.0 is that it's now extracting the file to a subfolder of whatever path we set.

As you can see from the screenshots, it should extract the download to a subfolder named after the nzb file itself.
Instead, it's creating a subfolder within that newly created folder which is different from how it used to behave before.
There's nothing in the changelog about this and it seems to be an unintentional change with the way it deals with the extraction.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Could you enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again click Show Logging in the Status window and then send the log to me at [email protected]?
It will be easier for me to understand and also allows me to see your settings to see what's going on.
iNSPiRE

Post by iNSPiRE »

Will do mate. Thanks.