Notification Script Error Suddenly Appeared

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
daboyz1

Notification Script Error Suddenly Appeared

Post by daboyz1 »

Hey Guys,

I have been using the sabnzbd-notify.py script ever since Pushover support was removed from SAB a while back. It has been working flawlessly up until today.
All of a sudden I am getting the following error message when a notification is supposed to be sent out.

Notification script returned exit code 1 and output "2023-05-31 23:50:01,193 - sabnzbd-notify - 365 - ERROR - Not enough arguments specified. Syntax: sabnzbd-notify.py <Type> <Title> <Message> url1[,url2[,urlN]] * The <Type> can be one of the following: startup: Startup/Shutdown pause_resume: Pause/Resume download: Added NZB pp: Post-Processing Started complete: Job Finished failed: Job Failed warning: Warning error: Error disk_full: Disk Full queue_done: Queue Finished new_login: User Logged In other: Other Messages * The <Title> and <Message> are self explanitory. If the <Title> is however left blank, then the description of the <Type> is used instead. * All remaining arguments are treated as URLs. You can also delimit multiple URLs in a single string/argument with the use of a comma (,).

Could someone please decipher what the error message is? I can see that it is saying there are not enough arguemnts, does the script need to be updated?

Thanks,
daboyz1
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Notification Script Error Suddenly Appeared

Post by safihre »

Yes, you need to update NZB-notify. It was updated yesterday together with Sabnzbd because of a security fix.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
daboyz1

Post by daboyz1 »

I think now is a good time to go back to the baked-in Pushover notifications instead.

Thank you for the quick response and especially for deciding to keep the Pushover support internally!

Long-time happy user of SAB.
BlackLightning

Post by BlackLightning »

hi there,

for others using Docker, stop the container and go to config/scripts and update the Notify and sabnzbd-notify files from the github repo caronc nzb-notify. The master file is already on the new version. After you start SABNZbd the notification will work again.

I hope it helps!

PS: as a new user I'm not allowed to post links, but you will find the repo and the app.