4.0.1 Detect duplicate episodes in series not working

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
coclk

4.0.1 Detect duplicate episodes in series not working

Post by coclk »

Several years ago I had an issue where sabnzbd was failing to detect duplicate episodes despite the setting enabled to pause the duplicates. At some point I realized it was because I was deleting the history of downloaded files. Since I quite deleting the history sabnzbd was almost flawless recognizing and pausing duplicates... until 4.0.1 - I upgraded last week after waiting a while to make sure there were no bug reports. After upgrading it appears sabnzbd is no longer able to recognized and pause duplicate matching titles in a series. Anyone else seeing the same issue?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 4.0.1 Detect duplicate episodes in series not working

Post by safihre »

Can you give examples of titles that are not detected as duplicates anymore?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
coclk

Post by coclk »

safihre wrote: May 28th, 2023, 11:13 am Can you give examples of titles that are not detected as duplicates anymore?
Sure.

Here are two images of history. the entire Citadel series was already downloaded and here are all duplicates.

coclk

Post by coclk »

Another example:

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So here it does work, right?

Also to note that duplicate detection only works if the job is fully complete. If they come in at the same time in the queue, it doesn't work.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
coclk

Post by coclk »

I would characterize the last screenshot as worked in recognizing 2 episodes but missed the 3 listed below the paused queue and notifications area.

RE: "duplicate detection only works if the job is fully complete."
This was not the case before 4.0.1.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Doesn't duplicate detection work on exact-matching the filename? If the filename is slightly different, it's not a duplicate.

If that's so, then the screenshots above show normal behaviour. I don't see any duplicate filenames there. Image

I do see multiple releases for the same episode, but that's a separate issue.

edit: ah, I now see SABnzbd has a separate switch for "Detect duplicate episodes in series". Don't mind me, I can find my own way out. ;)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

coclk wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:20 amRE: "duplicate detection only works if the job is fully complete."This was not the case before 4.0.1.
OneCD wrote: June 8th, 2023, 2:36 pmedit: ah, I now see SABnzbd has a separate switch for "Detect duplicate episodes in series". Don't mind me, I can find my own way out. ;)
Sab's duplicate check looks for matching job name or md5sum, and for series also checks season+episode. All that is (and always was) done against the history database, which is why it only takes completed jobs into account. See https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/blob ... 1945-L1994
coclk

Post by coclk »

RE: "it only takes completed jobs into account."
A title picked up by the RSS feed from last night through now was completed 9hrs ago (first) and has subsequently been added to the feed 1 hr later (3 times), 6 hrs later (1 time), and 8.75 hrs later (twice).
This has only been happening frequently since my update to 4.0.1 and was not occurring before.

Format for item title in each instance was:
<titleword1>.<titleword2>.S01E01.<random additional items> where the pattern matched against was *<titleword1>*<titleword2>*
Tracat

Post by Tracat »

I'm getting this too since the update. It was working fine before this update, pausing duplicate jobs for me.
But now getting multiple duplicates downloading.
I've not changed any settings, i have an nzb file download folder for history and also leaving the original episode in the download job history too.
1 or 2 can be discounted as they were queued before the first was finished processing but I get duplicates days later of the exact same episode, multiple times.

Still running 4.0.1 even though a newer version is out now as it's the synology version and i don't think it's been updated yet.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

4.0.2 is out for Synology.

Could you send me some (at least 2) of these duplicate NZB's and a screenshot of your Sorting settings? [email protected]
Tracat

Post by Tracat »

Email sent, thanks Safihre
Tracat

Post by Tracat »

Hoping #2620 will fix the issue, thanks Safihre. Noticed it in the Github closed issues, fixed on the 19th July so guessing it will be in the next release after 4.0.3?
I had to upgrade my Synology(xpenology) from 6.2.2 to 7.1.1 to see Sab 4.0.2 but now that's fine.
JNRII

Post by JNRII »

4.0.3 Still has the problem. This is what I was researching when I found this thread.
I am running the portable version on Windows 10, fully patched
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's fixed in 4.1.0. You can already try the release candidate for that one.