issues with downloads and par2 sets with nzbindex RSS feed

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ws6

issues with downloads and par2 sets with nzbindex RSS feed

Post by ws6 »

Hi, i am having an issue with sabnzbd downloading files.

The version I am running is 4.0.2 (yes i know it is .0.1 out) but I have had the issue for a while now. Running on ubuntu 22.04.2.

sabnzbd is setup to use rss feeds from nzbindex dot nl and the processing type is +repair. i can properly sync the feeds to inside of sabnzbd and queue downloads. when it does it, it will make 2 downloads for each file, 1 is the file itself and the 2nd download is all the par2 file. I am getting a lot of random incomplete file downloads and sabnzbd will not retry the download (it just writes the file to the directory). When i look at the detailed info for the file download it shows "No par2 sets" even when the par2 files are in the same directory as the file download. I am guessing this is due to 2 separate downloads for each file.

what info do you need from me? FWIW, it is abma is the newgroup i am pulling from. I would post the RSS feed but i can't post links due to being a new user
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: issues with downloads and par2 sets with nzbindex RSS feed

Post by safihre »

So the par2 files are in a seperate job? We can't fix that, the problem is the RSS source.
Regarding your post processing setting, it should be +Delete otherwise it will stop at repair and never unpack them.

Try getting a decent indexer, not nzbindex.. Try nzbgeek for example. Nzbindex is just a simple search, nowadays you need an indexer to actually fix stuff like the seperate par2 files. They have algorithms for that.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate