4.1 Alpha external access bug?

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 4.1 Alpha external access bug?

Post by safihre »

Could you enable Debug logging in the Status window, then change the settings again like they were before and try to connect again.
Share the whole log with us by clicking Show Logging, it will also include an anonymous copy of your settings so we can Debug better.
You can send to [email protected]
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

I am going to test this out on a fresh Ubuntu VM to eliminate my configuration being the issue. Thanks for continuing to monitor.
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

Okay, I think I have made some progress or at least was able to recreate the issue on a fresh Ubuntu 22.04 LTS install (I installed 4.1 Beta since that is now the newest testing release). I also updated my main install to 4.1 Beta and the issue has not been resolved.

The first thing I noticed that I thought might be odd was that on my regular server install, the Public IPv4 Address says "Connection failed" in red. I think that might have been the case forever but I'm not sure. I saw this old thread: viewtopic.php?t=21187 that seemed to indicate this might be normal. When I changed my connection to Debug, the Public IPv4 Address was displayed.

On my test VM Ubuntu install, I changed the logging level to Debug right off the bat, and everything was working fine after changing the host to the IP of the VM. So I thought I couldn't recreate the issue. As I was playing around, I changed the logging level to Info and immediately lost connection to Sab in that browser window. On refresh, I got the message "External internet access denied". I changed inet exposure to 4 in the config.ini, restarted and I was able to get in. I have now done this a couple of times and am able to recreate the issue. I emailed a log file to you but not sure if that was under "Debug" or "Info" level.

Let me know if you need anything else, thanks.
Last edited by janitoronmars on August 30th, 2023, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

The IP address not showing up unless you set debug logging is a patch applied to the packaged version on debian and ubuntu; the effect is the same as a privacy-conscious user clearing out the selftest host in config->special. That should not make a difference though, as sab shouldn't need that ip address at all in order to determine access levels.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

@janitoronmars can you place put enters en paragraphs into your posts? I can't get beyond the first two lines of your posts.
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

sander wrote: August 30th, 2023, 6:11 am @janitoronmars can you place put enters en paragraphs into your posts? I can't get beyond the first two lines of your posts.
Sorry about that, perhaps I posted from my phone incorrectly or something. I have edited, let me know if you still can't see the post.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Yes, I can read it now.

Do you think you can edit a specific line in a specific sabnzbd file?

If so, I have an extra debug method for you.
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

sander wrote: August 30th, 2023, 9:40 pm Yes, I can read it now.

Do you think you can edit a specific line in a specific sabnzbd file?

If so, I have an extra debug method for you.
Sure thing, thank you.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

This issue turns out to be the result of an issue in a patch applied to the ppa package, that caused the wrong function to be patched since 4.1.0alpha1. Will be fixed in a new upload very soon; please update and confirm the problem is gone.
janitoronmars

Post by janitoronmars »

jcfp wrote: August 31st, 2023, 12:18 am This issue turns out to be the result of an issue in a patch applied to the ppa package, that caused the wrong function to be patched since 4.1.0alpha1. Will be fixed in a new upload very soon; please update and confirm the problem is gone.
Updated, tested on both new VM and main install, and looks like the problem is gone. Thank you!