Issue with Sab running on iMac disappears often and refuses to connect.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Archigos

Issue with Sab running on iMac disappears often and refuses to connect.

Post by Archigos »

Basic Network Setup:
iMac running Ventura 13.6.1 (22G313) (Not a beta)
-SabNZB 4.1.0
-Sonarr and Radarr (Latest)
Laptop running Windows 11 23H2 Beta

The iMac runs Sab, Sonarr, Radarr and I do ALL management via the Laptop. The required ports are forwarded in the router.

Now, 90% of the time, from the laptop I can go to SYSTEMNAME.local:8080 and everything is fine, but sometimes Sab either 'dies' or stops connecting and I have to log into the Mac and either start Sab if it died, or quit and restart it and things usually go back to working. Sometimes I have to restart it twice to get it to work.

In Sab's settings, it's set to listen to 127.0.0.1 (but I've tried SYSTEMNAME.local and localhost as well).

Last night Sab stopped connecting again (Mac claims it was still running) so I logged into the Mac and restarted it, but no matter what I do, I can not access Sab from the laptop anymore.
From the Mac, I can load Sab in Chrome and it appears, but on the laptop I've tried:
SYSTEMNAME.local:8080 and it refuses to connect
192.168.0.171:8080 (Wireless IP) Refuses to connect
192.168.0.153:8080 (Wired IP) Refuses to connect

I've tried adjusting Sab's settings to listen on '127.0.0.1', 'localhost', 'SYSTEMNAME.local', and I tried only one of the above IPs, I didn't bother with the last one.

Now, last note, I know this isn't a Sonarr/Radarr support forum, but the reason I listed them above is from the laptop I can go to SYSTEMNAME.local:8989 or SYSTEMNAME.local:7878 and they load fine, so I know it's not an issue with my laptop not seeing the system on the network.
As part of trying to fix this, at one point I did quit Sab on the iMac and download a fresh copy of Sab 4.1.0 and did a "Replace" on the copy I had but the issue still remains.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Issue with Sab running on iMac disappears often and refuses to connect.

Post by sander »

Within Sab fill out 0.0.0.0 as listening host
Archigos

Post by Archigos »

sander wrote: November 17th, 2023, 10:23 am Within Sab fill out 0.0.0.0 as listening host
Thank you so much Sander... I changed it and Sab restarted. The page didn't load (I think I tried too quick) but as a safety I clicked the Restart Sab button under that setting (so it restarted twice) and the page instantly came up.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Can you enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again click Show Logging in the Status window and locate when it stopped responding.
See if it crashed or anything like that.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Archigos

Post by Archigos »

Sorry for the long wait on response, I honestly don't remember if it emailed me when you responded so I didn't know. I turned on Debug logging incase it happens again. Thankfully, I haven't had this issue since I made the change to the listening host.