unpacking creating duplicate bdmv files in a single folder and missing the folder structure

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
dragonman77

unpacking creating duplicate bdmv files in a single folder and missing the folder structure

Post by dragonman77 »

Hi

I'm having an issue when a file is being unpacked and it's bdmv folder structure and not an ISO. All of the files are dumped into one folder along with duplicates.

The folder structure is missing and the duplicates are appended with a .1 at the end of the filename. For example bdmt_eng.xml and a duplicate called bdmt_eng.1.xml

I understand the bdmv structure and in some cases I can delete the duplicates, and create the folders and sort the files to get it usable. But some cases not.

It's more annoying than anything - has anyone seen this? I pulled a log and can see it creating the duplicates but I don't understand what it is doing

Thanks again for any help.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: unpacking creating duplicate bdmv files in a single folder and missing the folder structure

Post by sander »

can you share the .NZB?
dragonman77

Re: unpacking creating duplicate bdmv files in a single folder and missing the folder structure

Post by dragonman77 »

sander wrote: January 9th, 2024, 8:09 am can you share the .NZB?
sure, how do I upload it? I'm not seeing a way to attach it

Sorry for my ignorance
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You can send it to [email protected], I can share with Sander.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
dragonman77

Post by dragonman77 »

safihre wrote: January 9th, 2024, 8:56 am You can send it to [email protected], I can share with Sander.
Awesome, thank you! I just sent them

Thanks again for the help....this is a windows installation BTW if that helps
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I looked at the NZB's, but these are just the raw Blueray files uploaded. They are not packed in rar files (which could have a folder structure) or have any par2 files that could be used to restore the right folder structure.
You can see that when adding the NZB and inspecting the file-list, there's just a long list of files.
You should go back to the source and ask them how to fix..
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
dragonman77

Post by dragonman77 »

Ok thanks again, that rules out any settings I might have missed. I'll contact the source and see what they say.

Thanks again for your help
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Do you really need the BDMV structure? Because: pick the biggest file, and play with VLC.
dragonman77

Post by dragonman77 »

Not really, it's just the ocd in me wanting to see the playlist and extras. I've done what you said though.