API not working if login is deactivated

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
T3rr0rZw3rg

API not working if login is deactivated

Post by T3rr0rZw3rg »

Hey Guys,

I deactivated the requirement to log into sabnzb by deleting user and password from the sabnzbd.ini file. However, after doing this, the arrs can not connect to sabnzbd any more using the API key. I assume, that the API key isn't required as soon the user and password is deactivated, but then this should be reflected in the API key, because it is still shown in the API.
However, I'd prefere to be able to set an API key, even if there is no user/password required, all the arrs won't work if no API & no user+password provieded.

Error Message in sabnzbd:
2024-01-22 11:33:23,052::WARNING::[interface:385] Refused connection with hostname "binhex-sabnzbd" from: 192.168.96.5 [Sonarr/4.0.1.929 (arch 1.0)]

Unfortunately I can not post the error message from Sonarr since I'm not allowed to post links (which are pathes of my network) as a new User.

Have a great day
Zw3rg
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: API not working if login is deactivated

Post by safihre »

If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

AFAIK that does not have to do with you GUI credentials begin empty or not.

Proof:

Empty GUI credentials:

Code: Select all

sander@brixit:~$ cat ~/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini | grep -i -B1 passw | head -2
username = ""
password = ""
... and API just works:

Code: Select all

sander@brixit:~$ curl 'http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/api?output=json&mode=queue&apikey=5f1ab89378cd4b0caccdf3a0f5e93026'
{"queue":{"version":"4.2.2Beta1","paused":false,"pause_int":"0","paused_all":false,"diskspace1":"57.82","diskspace2":"69.15","diskspace1_norm":"57.8 G","diskspace2_norm":"69.1 G","diskspacetotal1":"108.98","diskspacetotal2":"4657.40","speedlimit":"100","speedlimit_abs":"104857600","have_warnings":"2","finishaction":null,"quota":"0 ","have_quota":false,"left_quota":"0 ","cache_art":"0","cache_size":"0 B","kbpersec":"0.00","speed":"0 ","mbleft":"0.00","mb":"0.00","sizeleft":"0 B","size":"0 B","noofslots_total":0,"noofslots":0,"start":0,"limit":0,"finish":0,"status":"Idle","timeleft":"0:00:00","slots":[]}}
T3rr0rZw3rg

Post by T3rr0rZw3rg »

safihre wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 6:11 am (not allowed to repost your link)
Will solve your problem!
indeed, I just don't understand why it's working if login is enabled but doesn't work when login is disable. But I'll take it!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

If a username and password is enabled, the stealing technique explained in the link can't be used to steal the API key.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate