SAB Throttled by 90% after 4.0.2

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Plex4Me

SAB Throttled by 90% after 4.0.2

Post by Plex4Me »

So I run SAB on an i9 64gb ram windows 11 machine with 1TB nvme.

Have had zero issues for the past 9 months.

In the past week I’ve noticed my SAB is causing issues seems to only download at max 1.6mb whereas I usually get 10-13mb.

I’ve run speed tests from my local machine, my nas’, another server on pro mod and none seem to show any issues I get full speed.

Running the SAB speed packet test I still get the throttled speeds.

The only thing that also coincides with the time I updated SAB was I also setup Readarr for the first time, checking my task manager my NIC and my CPU don’t seem to be getting battered so I can’t for the life of me understand what is causing the issue. L

Yesterday I decided to reboot the server and assumed this was last resort, got my speeds back fro about 5 straight hours then an immediate halt back down to 1.6mb.

Is there any further tests I should be conducting to see if SAB is potentially chewing resources?

I killed my 2 readarr instances (1 is for ebooks the other for audiobooks), no change,
deleted all pending book jobs thinking maybe the processor is being slammed by the number of unrar and file transfers given how small book files are, cleared the incomplete and complete folders,
then just ran some Sonarr downloads, still throttled,
my news hosting is unlimited at 100 connections and logged in there with no issues,
ran a 40gb transfer between the host and the NAS and got full gigabit speeds.

Baffled, the only one let up is a reboot seems to bring it back for a few hours.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SAB Throttled by 90% after 4.0.2

Post by sander »

> In the past week I’ve noticed my SAB is causing issues seems to only download at max 1.6mb whereas I usually get 10-13mb.

1.6 MB/s looks like 10 Mbps, so ethernet, not Gigabit. Bad cable/switch?

> I’ve run speed tests from my local machine, my nas’, another server on pro mod and none seem to show any issues I get full speed.
> Running the SAB speed packet test I still get the throttled speeds.

So: SAB speedtest says 1.6 MB/s? What does fast.com say at that moment on your Windows-SAB-machine?

Furthermore:
as you say "after 4.0.2": what happens if you install an earlier version of SAB, after your first hours of downloading
Plex4Me

Post by Plex4Me »

sander wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 4:58 am > In the past week I’ve noticed my SAB is causing issues seems to only download at max 1.6mb whereas I usually get 10-13mb.

1.6 MB/s looks like 10 Mbps, so ethernet, not Gigabit. Bad cable/switch?

So I have gigabit LAN but 100mb from ISP (hope this clears that up) slowww Aussie internet 😂

> I’ve run speed tests from my local machine, my nas’, another server on pro mod and none seem to show any issues I get full speed.
> Running the SAB speed packet test I still get the throttled speeds.

So: SAB speedtest says 1.6 MB/s? What does fast(dot)com say at that moment on your Windows-SAB-machine?

So on the same Win 11 host we use Speedtest(dot)net assuming it’s a similar service it’ll show 100 down 30 up.

Furthermore:
as you say "after 4.0.2": what happens if you install an earlier version of SAB, after your first hours of downloading

So this is where I am going to need to be vulnerable and say I’m a noob so I am a bit hesitant to even think of installing another instance and testing it but will happily do this if there’s an easy way to do it.

On the surface (having read other threads for earlier versions) would it appear to be resources being spent? I wouldn’t think that the i9 would struggle though.
Plex4Me

Post by Plex4Me »

Adding this in case it’s of any use

Used cache
53.5 MB (73 articles)
System performance (Pystone)
323451 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900 AVX2
Download folder speed
530.1 MB/s C:\Users\Server\Downloads\Incomplete\SABnzbd
Complete folder speed
585.3 MB/s C:\Users\Server\Downloads\Complete
Internet Bandwidth
1.6 MB/s 12.8 Mbps
Tysthalan

Post by Tysthalan »

I just had the same issue happen to me today. I have a Gigabit connection - normally I'm in the high 80MB/s however today I was being capped at 3MB/s. Nothing has changed with my current setup (Docker). I went into settings - Servers - Cleared all the counters. Went back to General and instead of restarting the docker container (which I had already tried) - I used the Restart SABnzbd button under the Web Server settings. That resolved my issue. Back to high 80MB/s - Hope that helps.