Speed/login issues, on both current stable and current beta

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
JoeyImageYT

Speed/login issues, on both current stable and current beta

Post by JoeyImageYT »

Okay, why would SABNZBD tell me to "check username/password" for newshosting, when nothing's wrong with it?

It has downloaded with no issues for months. Suddenly yesterday, it's dropping to 0KB/s for 20-30 minutes at a time, with no changes. I try "test server connection", I get the above message. No wrong information is entered, it just doesn't connect via the Test. I can login to the actual Newshosting website using said username/pw, but SAB hates it. Then 1 out of maybe every 5 tries, it randomly accepts it, and then speeds go back up to 25-30MB/s for a few minutes until it drops back to 0 and again claims the username/pw is wrong which it isn't. This is absolutely infuriating.

Just had to do this again, this time I deleted the server info and added it again as a new server. It immediately jumped up to 58MB/s, and as I'm typing this it has dropped to 6. Has this software just become terribly unstable or what?

Any idea what I can change/check to correct this so it works correctly all the time?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Speed/login issues, on both current stable and current beta

Post by safihre »

We only relay what the provider tells us.
Instead of blaming the software, have you considered that your provider might just have problems?
Every time you connect, you won't always be connected to the same actual server of the provider. It seems likely that one of the servers in the providers data center is having a bit of issues, resulting in it being an intermittent problem.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Mr_Incredible

Post by Mr_Incredible »

@JoeyImageYT - I have the same experience with NewsHosting and SAB. Quick question: are you running SAB 'natively' or as a pre-packaged 'docker' application? I am running SAB on a Docker which has been compiled/put together for Unraid. Just curious to know what you're using.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

What exactly are you experiencing? The message about username and password or speed fluctuations? Or both?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Mr_Incredible

Post by Mr_Incredible »

Speed fluctuations, time outs and on v 4.2.3 running in a Docker on a Unraid NAS. This has only recently started for me (auto update SAB to 4.2.3 on NAS I presume)

I have tested a 'native' version of SAB but a prior version of 4.0.3 with the same server settings etc, and running under Windows 11. SAB v 4.0.3 consistently D/Ls at max throughput of 110 MB/s and with no reductions, fluctuations or time-outs. Perfect!

I am not sure I can dial back the version on the Docker to 4.0.3 to test, but I will see if I can to test it too.

EDIT: Or if I cannot do that, update my 'native' version to 4.2.3 from 4.0.3 and see if I get the fluctuations I experienced on the Docker on the Unraid Server.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Unraid is always a problem with SAB, we don't know why, but it always causes issues. Seems they limit us in some way.
Just try to run the latest verison on Windows and you won't see any problems at all.
Anyway, your problem isn't the same as the topic stater here.
Mr_Incredible

Post by Mr_Incredible »

Ah ok. Misread the issue!

Anyway, you're right. I managed to install 4.0.3 on Unraid and it made no difference. Speed drops off a cliff and then times out. No such issue with either older or latest version running natively on my Windows Desktop.

Thanks. Feel free to delete theses if they're too far off topic!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's still frustrating of course that Unraid is giving these problems. Have you tried lowering the number of connections?
Mr_Incredible

Post by Mr_Incredible »

safihre wrote: March 31st, 2024, 2:23 am It's still frustrating of course that Unraid is giving these problems. Have you tried lowering the number of connections?
Hi. I just reduced the number of connections (was 100 now 40) and it appears to have resolved the sporadic drop in throughput! Cheers safihre!
Jerald66

Post by Jerald66 »

I've had a similar experience with NewsHosting and SAB. Quick question: are you running SAB 'natively' or as a pre-packaged 'docker' application? I'm currently running SAB on Docker, which has been compiled or assembled for Unraid. Just curious to know what setup you're using.