Could we add a feature for a queue to be automatically pushed to another SABnzbd client on the same network?

Want something added? Ask for it here.
paul92

Could we add a feature for a queue to be automatically pushed to another SABnzbd client on the same network?

Post by paul92 »

Hi all.

I do a lot of Usenet downloading across several SABnzbd clients.

I use sonarr to download documentaries, and it automatically pushes the downloads between 4 sabnzbd clients - the load is usually spread equally.

The only issue is that some download faster than others - so some queues finish and process faster, others need to finish processing - and at times i sit with a queue of over 100 pages which need to process - and this can take days, if not weeks to finish.

One way round this, is some sort of queue management system, where if it detects that there are say more than 20 items queued for processing, it automatically sends undownloaded items in the queue to machines that haven't got items in the queue, that way, all downloading, and processing should be more equal.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Could we add a feature for a queue to be automatically pushed to another SABnzbd client on the same network?

Post by sander »

paul92 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 4:33 pm I do a lot of Usenet downloading across several SABnzbd clients.
Why not one SAB client? One SAB client on a recent i3 core can handle 2500 Mbps downloads.
paul92 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 4:33 pm I use sonarr to download documentaries, and it automatically pushes the downloads between 4 sabnzbd clients - the load is usually spread equally.
How does sonarr do that?
paul92

Re: Could we add a feature for a queue to be automatically pushed to another SABnzbd client on the same network?

Post by paul92 »

TH
sander wrote: April 16th, 2024, 12:26 am
paul92 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 4:33 pm I do a lot of Usenet downloading across several SABnzbd clients.
Why not one SAB client? One SAB client on a recent i3 core can handle 2500 Mbps downloads.
paul92 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 4:33 pm I use sonarr to download documentaries, and it automatically pushes the downloads between 4 sabnzbd clients - the load is usually spread equally.
How does sonarr do that?
The downloads go to a Rclone mounted drive which unfortunately take time to process. So one SAB client will bottleneck up the processing, and I will more of what's happening.

Sonarr has a download clients section which has the ability to set multiple clients.