NZBPlanet thinks using their RSS feeds breaches their ToS

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
lexfiend

NZBPlanet thinks using their RSS feeds breaches their ToS

Post by lexfiend »

Years after paying for a LULT membership, I got blocked for scraping. WTF?!?!

Turns out that's what they call "downloading every NZB in the RSS feeds they publish, even after filtering for 720p and 1080p", which SABnzbd does very well. Apparently, when folks repost old seasons of popular shows, that get sucked down in toto by SABnzbd (filling up my disk in the process), they think I breached their T&Cs.

I'm so done with NZBPlanet, and will no longer recommend them to anyone. Anyone else have a similar horror story with them?

UPDATE: Turns out they blocked me for sucking down every NZB of every show via SABnzbd, which...I don't even have the words to describe the sheer insanity of that accusation.

UPDATE 2: After they re-enabled my account, they abruptly disabled it again, and FINALLY consented to share the data that I needed to figure out what was happening, after my having asked them THREE TIMES "when did this happen?" Turns out my duplicate detection got turned off somehow, so they saw multiple downloads of the same episode in different resolutions (which I'd noticed but didn't think twice about) and immediately went "SCRAPER!!!"

Anyway, I'm done with them. Even if they re-enable my account, I'm not about to trust a service that "kangaroo courts" their users in preference to answering simple questions that solve issues.