SABnzbdVPN container on Unraid OS cant connect to eweka with SSL and Port 563 / 443

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Nacrug

SABnzbdVPN container on Unraid OS cant connect to eweka with SSL and Port 563 / 443

Post by Nacrug »

Hi,
im using an Unraid server. On this unraid server im using binhex-sabnzbdvpn docker container. As VPN im using the PrivadoVPN and as the news server im using news .eweka. nl.
It worked fine and i downloaded without any trouble. Then i messed up something, the big thing is, i don´t even know what i did to break it. Now SABnzbd doesn´t connect to news .eweka. nl with SSL at port 563 or port 443.
The error i get, when i go to Config -> Servers -> Test Server is: [Errno 111] _ssl.c:989: The handshake operation timed out
I already tried to install the container new again, did not work. Note that i also have an exact setup copy with a normal SABnzbd container, without VPN. This container works fine with SSL and port 443 and 563.
I also installed SABnzbd on my Macbook, but also without vpn. it works fine and it can connect to news .eweka. nl with SSL at port 563 and 443 just like the normal SABnzbd container i have on my Unraid server.
The VPN container can connect with port 119.
im running out of possible solutions. it seems the ports arent blocked as i can ping and everything with all the other containers as well as the unraid os it self.
I know, that its not needed to use a VPN but i WANT to use a VPN service while downloading, so please keep that wish in your mind as your reading this :) <3

Please let me know if i can provide you with some more information or anything. I want to solve this and maybe we can create a refernce post with this, so other Unraid OS users, who are using SABnzbd with vpn can find some help as well. :)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABnzbdVPN container on Unraid OS cant connect to eweka with SSL and Port 563 / 443

Post by sander »

Inside the docker container, is there a "openssl" executable? If so, what do you get when you run that with:

Code: Select all

openssl s_client -connect news.eweka.nl:563
EDIT ... easier stuff

can you fill out as newsserver news.newhosting.com via SSL and Test connection?

in SABnzbd RSS section, can you add & read https://nzbindex.nl/search/rss?q=bluray+encanto at all?