SABnzbd keeps crashing when using split tunneling

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
andyxoxo52

SABnzbd keeps crashing when using split tunneling

Post by andyxoxo52 »

Win10, SABnzbd 4.2.3 (install version), PrivadoVPN with Split Tunneling enabled, Portable Opera browser to see SABnzbd interface

Hi guys, normally SABnzbd works great. However I would like to use it with PrivadoVPN Split Tunneling. So after I enable Split Tunneling in my Privado for Windows app, add SABnzbd's exe to be one of the apps to use Split Tunneling and then connect Privado to another country, this seems to break SABnzbd.

What happens is after I do the above I am no longer able to start up SABnzbd because it immediately crashes (I see the icon in the system tray then it's gone). Edit: By crashing I mean the SABnzbd exe starts normally but then after one second its process stops by itself (SABnzbd exits by itself). If SABnzbd exe is actually already running before I do the above and I click on an nzb file, it doesn't get added to the queue and the nzb file that I double clicked on seems to get deleted by itself (really weird). But I can drag the nzb file in and it does start to download. After removing SABnzbd from the list of Split Tunneling apps then all back to normal.

Ran sabnzbd-console.exe with CMD and got the following error (which did not show up doing the CMD when using SABnzbd portable). What does this mean? EDIT : Am unable to post what the error log says because it says "New users cannot post links" even though the error message doesn't contain a link... (?) so how can I post this error log so you can see it please?

So, umm, I guess my first question is if SABnzbd crashing is normal when enabling split tunneling without changing the proper settings in SABnzbd in order to use split tunnel? If no, then I got a problem with PrivadoVPN but if yes, then I am assuming that my problem might be related to SABnzbd host address (?) but I have no idea. I would like to get SABnzbd to work just the same with Split Tunneling either on or off so how do I go about doing that? First I got to get it to stop crashing then I got to be able to see the interface still with my Opera browser... cheers :-)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SABnzbd keeps crashing when using split tunneling

Post by safihre »

If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
andyxoxo52

Re: SABnzbd keeps crashing when using split tunneling

Post by andyxoxo52 »

Great, I was able to post the error log over there so can you help me out then over there please?