Wish to enable only api access externally. Using cloudflare tunnel, which I think messes it up

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
dir

Wish to enable only api access externally. Using cloudflare tunnel, which I think messes it up

Post by dir »

I only want to enable API (add nzbs) access externally. So I set external Internet Access to API (no config).
I'm using cloudflare tunnels, which means in order to access my sabnzbd server, I go to 'sabnzbd.blah.com'. This gets routed through their tunnel and over to my cloudflared, which then forwards it to my sabnzbd server. But of course sabnzbd reports:

Code: Select all

Refused connection with hostname "sabnzbd.blah.com" from: ::ffff:192.168.1.129 (X-Forwarded-For: nnnn:nnnn:nnn:nnnn::) 
and my web browser that's trying to go to sabnzbd.blah.com shows

Code: Select all

access denied - hostname verification failed: https://sabnzbd.org/hostname-check
My understanding that I need to add my external FQDN to host_whitelist. But if I do this, I gain full web UI access to sabnzbd, not just the API access I'd set up.

I suspect the problem is that adding 'sabnzbd.blah.com' to host_whitelist somehow ignores the 'External Internet Access' setting of 'API (no config)'. I've also tried setting this to API (Add NZB files) without success.

Is there a way to only enable API access externally when using cloudflare tunnels?