2 day old Suse 11.1 + patched, running SABnzbd+ 0.4.9.

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
book

2 day old Suse 11.1 + patched, running SABnzbd+ 0.4.9.

Post by book »

Hi, here goes the issues:

I'm selecting and nzb to download. (1) The NZb is put  into the hdd folder. Sabnzbd imports the files into the queue, but does not always delete the file from the hdd folder, so 120 seconds later (my time import setting) imports the file again and again...   Generally though it does work, it is just the odd occasion.

(2) I've had a productive day and ther are around 25 NZB compilations in the queue, As the queue fills up with the jobs above (somewhere around 30 nzb files), when the first of the repetative jobs hits posiition 0, the whole queue stands still and no more downloads, not even after multiple restarts or reboots will it download.
(2a) all the other  corrupt copied jobs may or may not have the same position number as each other (rather than increments), or from top to bottom once these entries are found the numbers can be out of sequence with the rest of the working entries  I currently have positions 0 to 7, then a jump to the multiple corrupt ones all number 13. There is no number 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, but these could relate to the number of duplicate entries as it does on my queue list, but also may be a red herring.
(2b) these corrupt files often can not be given new numbers (occasionally can though), but it rarely sticks even if a new position number is chosen, as after a refresh may see it back to the same as it previously was before the change.
(2c) generally these jobs can not be deleted, but think - I deleted 2 about of about 9 after MUCH trying, but eventually they stick.

As soon as another  normal job Sabnzbd starts to download again until it get to a duff nzb entry again.

The workaround was to sort the queue by pressing "Sort Age" etc. as it is the only way to move the entry from top spot. Once position 0 is occupied by a non corrupt entry, you can select the other working entries as position 0 and this will push the corrupt queue entry down. Sometimes you are lucky and are able replace the first corrupt queue entry with a working one, but it is a bit hit and miss. It is more likely to work if you slot a working nzb  in the position just above the first corrupt entry.

3. When  files are corrupt, it seems par files are not automatically queued for a repair. This may be a command line setting, but I'm not that familiar with this software yet :)

Otherwise a good job :)
Last edited by book on May 12th, 2009, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2 day old Suse 11.1 + patched, running SABnzbd+ 0.4.9.

Post by shypike »

Not much of what you describe makes sense to me, I never seen problems like this.
With one exception: that the NZB files are not removed.
The handling of the Watched Folder is quite extensive.
First NZB files should be deleted after being read, unless access right prevent this.
Once read, an NZB file is remembered and not read again, unless its attributes change (size, modification date).
So it looks like there's something else manipulating the NZB files, besides SABnzbd.

For the rest of your problems: nobody ever reported something like this.

How do you copy the NZB files to the watched folder? Does it take a long time for the file to complete?
Have you tried an alternative way to enter the NZB's (like through the main page upload)?
book

Re: 2 day old Suse 11.1 + patched, running SABnzbd+ 0.4.9.

Post by book »

Thanks for your reply, but it is a 'standard' setup out of the box and no rights, groups or any extra security has been set or changed. Very few apps beside the standard including avast, gimp, vlc and now Xine are only installed.

I save the nzb files to the desktop and have set up the prog to scan the desktop every 120 seconds. This has only happened with one file, but caused me days of faultfinding as i'm new to linux and sabnzbd, but know enough to not fix what aint broke. Also sometimes wou would work briefly then just stop, liek my isp or news provider was cutting me off, but my windows box worked flawless :(

On completion, I deleted the cashe dir to get rid of the multiple copies the would not vanish and ther was quite a bit in there.

http://i43.tinypic.com/30l1hyd.jpg

The post was just a post to keep you in the loop, rather than asking for stuff  :)

Thank you and all the best.