Hiring SABnzbd developer?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
happywalla

Hiring SABnzbd developer?

Post by happywalla »

Sorry if I'm breaking any unstated rules here... but my company is considering a new product in the Usenet space and anyone with real experience working on SABnzbd would be ideal for the position. Is there some place in these forums where job opportunities are posted?
happywalla

Re: Hiring SABnzbd developer?

Post by happywalla »

I know... I love the software and the developers must be both amazing, and thanked. So thank you! Are there any developers involved with this project who either live in Toronto Canada, or would be willing to move here? If you're open to working on a contract gig or full time on a new SABnzbd-related commercial project, please PM me. Moving not necessary, we do know how to use IM and email :)

The position is to be lead developer on a Rapidshare-type product that specializes in video sharing. We have some ways of making a product that is superior to anything currently available, and it involves elements of SABnzbd code, but has to work in a way that SABnzbd was never intended (as near as I can tell). Salary is negotiable based on experience - we just want someone who is talented, personable, and creative. If you know how to program, that's even better.

Please PM if you'd like to chat about this. Much appreciated.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

I hope you realize that using GLP2/3 open source in whole or in part, requires you to
open your own sources too.
There's nothing wrong with building a commercial service based on open source, but
is does require you to release your sources too.
happywalla

Post by happywalla »

Yipper. Thanks.
switch

Post by switch »

A few weeks ago - yes. However I have just started a new job and am very busy at the moment, so I would have to say I'm not currently interested. However I wish you good luck in you project.