Saving settings causes disconnect, without reconnecting

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Sypher
Release Testers
Release Testers

Saving settings causes disconnect, without reconnecting

Post by Sypher »

Hmm the title is a bit odd. Either way i'm running SABnzbd on a few pc's but on all I am experiencing an annoying problem.

If I change a setting, no matter how small it is, it takes quite some time before the spinner stops turning.
Sometimes I just click away to a different page since it really takes a long time to complete.

The problem is, the downloader never gets restarted. Pausing/Unpausing, clicking force disconnect etc doesn't work and it requires a full restart to get it back up again.

What is the source of the issue? Do you think its related to the theme (smpl) or...?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Saving settings causes disconnect, without reconnecting

Post by shypike »

The 0.4.x series does this occasionally.
We have no idea why it happens to some people more often.
In the middle of download it's not a good idea to change settings anyway, because of the restart.

You could sign-up for the Alpha program for 0.5.0.
This release has completely eliminated restarts.
See the "Beta Release" board.
switch

Post by switch »

What platform are you running on? Sounds like you are using python 2.6 which we do not support and crashes during the internal restart on config changes due to an outdated third party module.

Make sure you are using python 2.5 or 2.4 (if you are Windows then you will be). And also try refreshing the whole page to see if it is just a display issue and it is actually downloading still.
Sypher
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Sypher »

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04
python -V says: 2.6.2

I'm running various versions of operating systems (Ubuntu, XP, Vista) but practicly all of them have the exact same issue.
Even when its not downloading. I just added a server, that required a manual restart since the spinner keeps on going. Deleting the server, the same problem.

The outdated modules you mean, are the related to these notices on start?

cherrypy/lib/cptools.py:3: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead import md5
filters/sessionfilter.py:33: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead import sha

Running it as python2.5 the errors aren't there and the interface is quite faster. Delete, add... a second or two.
Last edited by Sypher on June 11th, 2009, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.