Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
techchad

Re: Media Rover

Post by techchad »

# tv root directory
# directory containing all tv shows to watch for
# NOTE: multiple directories can be specified but must be comma separated
tv_root = f:\tv

I've tried it as f:/tv as well didn't seem to work either.

Thanks for your assistance!!!!!!!
kierse

Post by kierse »

techchad wrote: # tv root directory

Just curious: does f:\tv actually exist?  Media Rover will not create the directory and will die if it isn't there
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Just curious: does f:\tv actually exist?  Media Rover will not create the directory and will die if it isn't there
From my little test I did earlier, that gives a different error.
seer_tenedos

Post by seer_tenedos »

techchad wrote: # tv root directory

yea i had the same problem To fix it you can go to the twitter feed and go back 1 version and all is good. Just the one version seems to be broken did nto change anything else to make mine work.
seer_tenedos

Post by seer_tenedos »

also is there any chance of adding some checks for the sorting.  I know i am calling it manually on the files and it is not designed for that but i dicovered that if you call it directly and there is more than 1 file in the directory it will grab the first file and rename that instead of looking for the best match.

it is my own fault i know.  i was trying to be a smart arse as get the sorting script to sort all my existing expisodes and clean up their names. I passed the filename minus the extention in as the  job name and it picked up the series, season and episode details perfectly so i was just going to dump all files in the one dir and call it on each one but i discovered it will just grab the fist file in the dir and name it to match and move it to dir it thinks it should be in.

For now i will just change my app to move each episode into a new dir then call your sorting script on it etc but wouldn't this cause a problem if an nzb contained multiple files? 

i have just bene playing around so far.  i plan to install sabnzbd and media rover on my server tonight. 

p.s. great work on media rover! if it does even half the things it says it will be a life saver.  really looking forward to getting it setup and working.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

I've had a mishap or two with the sorting script too. I have  the TV category using it by default, and I just set it to not use a script when I manually download.  Occasionally I forget.
I wasn't sure if MR automatically ran the sorting script, which is why I do it this way.

Does it?
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

If you're trying to back rename all your episodes, check out tvrename (windows) it does a great job and and a "monitor" portion that will tell you when new episodes are supposed to air. Of course this only helps if you haven't renamed them all already...:)

http://tvrename.com/

Also, what does the sorting script do? I haven't actual used it as I'm quite satisfied with SAB's current sorting and have no real need to do anything different, but I'm curious now:)

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
techchad

Post by techchad »

kierse wrote: Just curious: does f:\tv actually exist?  Media Rover will not create the directory and will die if it isn't there
I have verified that does exist there are 43 sub directories under f:\tv
seer_tenedos wrote: yea i had the same problem To fix it you can go to the twitter feed and go back 1 version and all is good. Just the one version seems to be broken did nto change anything else to make mine work.
I looked through the twitter feed, I'm a little new to the github environment how is it that you download previous versions?
techchad

Post by techchad »

Never mind, I figured it out.  When I ran the initial write-configs I didn't specify the location then I re-ran the write-configs with the config switch to change the location.  Apparently, it kept looking in the location where the original configs were written.  I found them very odd place it wrote them to D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application\ Data\mediarover  as opposed to Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\mediarover I put the correct path in the original configs that were written and bam...it worked like a charm!

Thanks for all of your help guys!
kierse

Post by kierse »

techchad wrote: Never mind, I figured it out.  When I ran the initial write-configs I didn't specify the location then I re-ran the write-configs with the config switch to change the location.  Apparently, it kept looking in the location where the original configs were written.  I found them very odd place it wrote them to D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application\ Data\mediarover  as opposed to Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\mediarover I put the correct path in the original configs that were written and bam...it worked like a charm!

Thanks for all of your help guys!
Great, glad to hear that you figured it out!  I was banging my head against the wall on this one!  The issue with the incorrect config directory ($HOME\Application\ Data\mediarover vs $HOME\Application Data\mediarover) is a known issue.  I've got a fix for it but have been holding off releasing it because it'll break everyones installation (at least those using Windows).

Kier
kierse

Post by kierse »

rollingeyeball wrote: I've had a mishap or two with the sorting script too. I have  the TV category using it by default, and I just set it to not use a script when I manually download.  Occasionally I forget.
I wasn't sure if MR automatically ran the sorting script, which is why I do it this way.

Does it?
No, the scheduling and sorting scripts are both independent of each other.  One does not call the other.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Is there a way to set sab to use the sorting script when adding something to queue?

EDIT:
&cat=tv&script=sabnzbd_episode_sort.py
??
Last edited by rollingeyeball on July 17th, 2009, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayman

Post by jayman »

can't you just tell SAB to use it as the "default" script.  Or, anytime you download an nzb, say a TV show, download it to the nzb folder but in a 'tv' folder in the nzb folder.  That way it will be considered a tv category and you should set your tv category to use the 'sort' script.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

That's how I have it setup at the moment. the sort script is set as the default for the TV category.
The problem is that nasty things happen when the sort script is ran on things not scheduled by media rover.
kierse

Post by kierse »

In SAB, I have the MR sort script specified as the script to run whenever an nzb from category "TV" has finished downloading.  The beauty of telling SAB to this is that it works properly for downloads scheduled by MR as well as with downloads you manually add.

You can make this change in SAB by going to the Config > Categories page and setting the MR sort script for the appropriate category.

rollingeyeball, what do you mean by "nasty things"?  I've been using the MR sort script for several months to sort both manual and MR added downloads without issue.