Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kierse

Re: Media Rover

Post by kierse »

rollingeyeball and jayman: when you guys talk about setting the MR script as the default do you mean for a specific category or are you making the MR script the default script period?
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

rollingeyeball and jayman: when you guys talk about setting the MR script as the default do you mean for a specific category or are you making the MR script the default script period?
I can't speak for jayman, but I was talking about the default for a specific category - TV
rollingeyeball, what do you mean by "nasty things"?  I've been using the MR sort script for several months to sort both manual and MR added downloads without issue.
One example from yesterday =/
http://pastebin.com/m27707337

Some of it is so weird I just .. can't explain what the hell happened or in what order. But the end results I've seen are

Shows renamed with a daily suffix
Shows renamed to a +1 episode offset (S01E01 renamed to s01e02)
Random deletions to .trash (Some without any renaming. Some with)

Very weird stuff  :( :'(
kierse

Post by kierse »

rollingeyeball wrote: One example from yesterday =/
http://pastebin.com/m27707337
That is very strange indeed.  Can you post the full log data from a sort script run?  It should start with something like this:

Code: Select all

2009-07-14 00:31 INFO - --- STARTING --- - episode.py:99
Looking at the log data you posted, it does appear that the sort script thinks its parsing a daily episode.  I've looked at the underlying code and I'm unsure how/why this is happening.  Regarding the apparent daily suffix: when Media Rover encounters a duplicate episode while sorting, rather than just delete one of the two episides, it appends the current date and time to the end of the original episode and replaces it with the newly downloaded one.  If you look at line 4 of the log data you posted, MR is reporting that its found a duplicate.  In line 5, it renames the original to make way for the new file its processing

I'll keep digging and see if I can figure out what the heck is going on here.  If you can post that extra log data that would probably be a big help.

Kier
kierse

Post by kierse »

rollingeyeball: one more thing, have you turned off the episode sorting capabilities built in to SAB itself?  I don't know what would happen if both SAB and MR were trying to sort the same file but it probably wouldn't be pretty
jayman

Post by jayman »

to tell you the truth I have SAB's TV sorting capability enabled and am using the script but I haven't had any problems.  The one problem I have had is with "daily episodes" but I figured that was just something inherent with the script itself. 
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: to tell you the truth I have SAB's TV sorting capability enabled and am using the script but I haven't had any problems.  The one problem I have had is with "daily episodes" but I figured that was just something inherent with the script itself. 
Can you explain the problems you've run into with daily episodes?  I don't watch much daily tv so that aspect of the app has definitely received less testing.  If you could include some log output that would really help

Kier
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

PM sent with logs

It's absolutely weird....

SAB sorting was/is enabled.

I have multiple tv_roots defined in mediarover.conf
I want never before downloaded shows (manually added) to go to F:\
Shows picked up by MR should go to whereever they were picked up.
How do I go about this? If I disable SAB sorting I have no idea what will happen to never before downloaded shows (manually added)

I'm curious about the daily episode problems too.
jayman

Post by jayman »

I removed this message because I had the SAB tv sort enabled.
Last edited by jayman on July 18th, 2009, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayman

Post by jayman »

The log from mediarover looks like it sees the show and queues it just fine.  In fact, it recognizes it with a season number and an episode number as opposed to a date:

2009-07-18 09:14 INFO - item 'The Colb Report 5x95' successfully queued for download - queue.py:91

Then it places it in a folder (the right folder actually- "The Cold Report") and as a season 2009:

2009-07-18 09:15 INFO - watching 28 tv show(s) - episode.py:207
2009-07-18 09:15 DEBUG - finished processing watched tv - episode.py:208
2009-07-18 09:15 DEBUG - identified possible download: filename => the.colb.report.2009.07.16.rerip.pdtv.xvid-fqm.avi, size => 183317202 - episode.py:234
2009-07-18 09:15 INFO - found download file at 'H:\TV Media Encoded\The.Colb.Report.2009.07.16.Edmund.Andrews.RERIP.PDTV.XviD-FQM/the.colb.report.2009.07.16.rerip.pdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' - episode.py:240
2009-07-18 09:15 ERROR - season 2009 of series 'The Colb Report' does not exist on disk - error.py:45
2009-07-18 09:15 INFO - moving downloaded episode 'H:\TV Media Encoded\The.Colb.Report.2009.07.16.Edmund.Andrews.RERIP.PDTV.XviD-FQM/the.colb.report.2009.07.16.rerip.pdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' to 'H:\TV Media Encoded/The Colb Report/2009/The Colb Report - 2009-07-16.avi' - episode.py:341
2009-07-18 09:15 DEBUG - series 'The Colbert Report', season 2009 found at: H:\TV Media Encoded/The Colb Report/2009' - filesystem.py:221
2009-07-18 09:15 INFO - cached data for series 'The Colb Report', season 2009 is stale.  Updating... - filesystem.py:246
2009-07-18 09:15 DEBUG - create filesystem episode: FilesystemEpisode(series='The Colb Report',season=2009,daily=True,year='2009',month='7',day='16',title='',filename='The Colb Report - 2009-07-16',extension='avi') - filesystem.py:192
2009-07-18 09:15 INFO - found 1 episodes on disk - filesystem.py:200
2009-07-18 09:15 INFO - cleaning path 'H:\TV Media Encoded\The.Colb.Report.2009.07.16.Edmund.Andrews.RERIP.PDTV.XviD-FQM' of the extensions ['nfo', 'txt', 'sfv', 'srt', 'nzb', 'idx', 'log', 'par', 'par2', 'exe', 'bat', 'com'] - filesystem.py:102
2009-07-18 09:15 DEBUG - deleting 'H:\TV Media Encoded\The.Colb.Report.2009.07.16.Edmund.Andrews.RERIP.PDTV.XviD-FQM'... - filesystem.py:127
2009-07-18 09:15 INFO - removing download directory 'H:\TV Media Encoded\The.Colb.Report.2009.07.16.Edmund.Andrews.RERIP.PDTV.XviD-FQM' - episode.py:396

Is there anyway to have it be placed as a season and episdoe number like S05E95 as it was originally recognized?
Last edited by jayman on July 18th, 2009, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayman

Post by jayman »

Another thing.  Let me know if its me and if anyone else has been seeing this but I unchecked "don't download the same nzb twice" from SAB and mediarover keeps queueing shows it already downloaded for download.  maybe it's because these are "daily" shows?  It only redownloads the longer title ones like "the late show with david metterman" or "the tonight show with Coanan Oryan".
Last edited by jayman on July 18th, 2009, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayman

Post by jayman »

One other thing.  If you want mediarover to watch "The Tonight Show with Conan ORyan" you have to put that folder in your tv watched directory.  However, when mediarover and the episode_sort.py script are done it places the episode in a folder called "Conan.ORyan" and leaves the "The Tonight Show with Conan ORyan" folder empty. 
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: The log from mediarover looks like it sees the show and queues it just fine.  In fact, it recognizes it with a season number and an episode number as opposed to a date:

2009-07-18 09:14 INFO - item 'The Colb Report 5x95' successfully queued for download - queue.py:91
I haven't encountered daily episodes that are named like this.  Which site was the nzb from?
jayman wrote: Is there anyway to have it be placed as a season and episdoe number like S05E95 as it was originally recognized?
Currently, no.  When I originally added support for daily episodes, I was only aware of episodes ordered by date rather than by season and episode number.  So far, all the supported indexing services seem to be (mostly) following the broadcast date standard.  If posting daily episodes by season and episode number proves to be common, I can definitely look at supporting it.

If you're interested, have a look at http://cl1p.net/newzbintvtitledocs/ (thanks rollingeyeball :)) for a description of the newzbin episode naming standard.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: Another thing.  Let me know if its me and if anyone else has been seeing this but I unchecked "don't download the same nzb twice" from SAB and mediarover keeps queueing shows it already downloaded for download.  maybe it's because these are "daily" shows?  It only redownloads the longer title ones like "the late show with david metterman" or "the tonight show with Coanan Oryan".
MR uses the name of the nzb to determine the series name and search for episodes on disk.  If you have two folders, one called "The Late Show" and one called "The Late Show with David Letterman" on disk, MR will think they are two separate series and attempt to download episodes for each.  So, if MR encounters the following nzbs, it will download them both:

1. "The Late Show - 2009-01-01 - Some Guest.nzb"
2. "The Late Show with David Letterman - 2009-01-01 - Some Guest.nzb"

Even though they represent the same episode, MR thinks they are for different series and that they can both be downloaded.  I had planned to add support for querying sites like tvrage.com or thetvdb.com for series data as it would be useful for eliminating this sort of error.  However, adding that functionality is nontrivial and will likely require a fair amount of work.  I had planned on implementing it around the same time I added support for different qualities.

In the meantime, I would suggest naming your daily series folders on disk to match the most common series names from your indexing service of choice.  Also, make sure there is only one folder for each daily series.  If you do this, you should be able to eliminate the duplicates.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

jayman wrote: One other thing.  If you want mediarover to watch "The Tonight Show with Conan ORyan" you have to put that folder in your tv watched directory.  However, when mediarover and the episode_sort.py script are done it places the episode in a folder called "Conan.ORyan" and leaves the "The Tonight Show with Conan ORyan" folder empty. 
I'll try downloading a few Tonight Show episodes and see if I can reproduce this problem.  I'll let you know what I find.

Kierse
jayman

Post by jayman »

kierse wrote:
jayman wrote: Another thing.  Let me know if its me and if anyone else has been seeing this but I unchecked "don't download the same nzb twice" from SAB and mediarover keeps queueing shows it already downloaded for download.  maybe it's because these are "daily" shows?  It only redownloads the longer title ones like "the late show with david metterman" or "the tonight show with Coanan Oryan".
MR uses the name of the nzb to determine the series name and search for episodes on disk.  If you have two folders, one called "The Late Show" and one called "The Late Show with David Letterman" on disk, MR will think they are two separate series and attempt to download episodes for each.  So, if MR encounters the following nzbs, it will download them both:

1. "The Late Show - 2009-01-01 - Some Guest.nzb"
2. "The Late Show with David Letterman - 2009-01-01 - Some Guest.nzb"

Even though they represent the same episode, MR thinks they are for different series and that they can both be downloaded.  I had planned to add support for querying sites like tvrage.com or thetvdb.com for series data as it would be useful for eliminating this sort of error.  However, adding that functionality is nontrivial and will likely require a fair amount of work.  I had planned on implementing it around the same time I added support for different qualities.

In the meantime, I would suggest naming your daily series folders on disk to match the most common series names from your indexing service of choice.  Also, make sure there is only one folder for each daily series.  If you do this, you should be able to eliminate the duplicates.

Kierse
I agree.  I only have one folder for the series in question, however MR makes another folder for the two late night shows with a dot in between the names, "Conan.ORyan".  Therefore, you end up with two folders.