NZB Breakdown

Want something added? Ask for it here.
ziddey

NZB Breakdown

Post by ziddey »

Often, I'll select a bunch of different items and create one NZB. For example, if I want to get all the episodes of a season. It'd be nice if sabnzbd could break down the nzb into sub items and show the progress on each. Or if not, at least allow it to do RUD on the individual sets. This is especially useful when downloading old files with my fill server, which caps my speed to 35K/s.
switch

Re: NZB Breakdown

Post by switch »

Do you use newzbin? If so download selected posts as "in zipfile, individually" and the posts will be added as seperate items.

Spliting down the contents of an nzb file is hard as all we have to go off are subject lines. And as such it can be a nightmare to be able to determine the filename from the subject line andthen use that to group a bunch of files up.
Splitting an nzb up becomes even more complicated when you factor in files not inside a rar-set.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Don't combine jobs if you do not want this.
You will want the TV season sorting feature that will be in the 0.4.0 release.

Problem is that an NZB file only supports the concept of files, it does not support the concept of named sets of files. So SABnzbd doesn't have a clue to what is a set.
One could say the par2 file tells the different sets apart, but many "normal" NZB files already have multiple par2 sets. So such split feature would irritate many other users. Apart from the problem of thinking up names for the sets.

BTW: if you can combine multiple NZB files in one ZIP file, do that: they will be processed individually.
ziddey

Post by ziddey »

Wow, thanks for the quick replies. Some sites do put multiple nzb's in a zip, and it gets handled wonderfully by sabnzbd. But most indexing sites don't do this (I agree, it'd be both hard on the index sites as well as sabnzbd to be able to separate properly all the time). Just figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone had any brilliant solutions for this.