Use dropbox to create nzb watch directories

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Use dropbox to create nzb watch directories

Post by b1scu1t »

Hello,

This is not really a big deal, but I thought I would share it with the community here.  I am sure a lot of people here use the newzbin bookmark feature to automatically queue stuff up in your SABnzbd instance at home.  I have just extended that concept slightly in conjunction with the "watch" folder feature in SABnzbd.

I used the following post in lifehacker and set up my dropbox account and installed junction in my windows pc.  Further in my windows pc I pointed the actual watch folder to a nzb drop directory in my dropbox account.  I did the same in my mac, where I created soft a link.  I run 2 instances of SAB at home, 1 in my Windows Home Server, 1 in iMac.  I have created 2 different watch folders to account for the 2 instances.

http://lifehacker.com/5154698/sync-file ... box-folder

Now, whenever I am out and about and I find a nzb that I am interested in and for some reason I am unable to access the SAB front end directly, but I can create/download the nzb file, I download it and further log into my dropbox account in the web and upload the nzb into the appropriate nzb watch directory.

The moment SAB sees the new file, it automatically starts downloading the item in question. 

Just thought I would share it here, obviously there is no development involved here, but I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. 

Shypike : Please move the post wherever you feel appropriate.

Thanks,
b1scu1t
watcher64

Re: Use dropbox to create nzb watch directories

Post by watcher64 »

This would be easy to do using M$'s skydrive and using their sync utility to create a "synced" folder on your sabnzbd box and drop stuff in it remotely.

Or use their new "Live Mesh"  , not endorsing M$ but their sync utility for skydrive just works ...

Of course this just works for us Window$ people , just an alternative to the dropbox Idea ..
superkona
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Use dropbox to create nzb watch directories

Post by superkona »

i use this same solution for managing downloads on remote sabnzbd installs. it works great.