Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
pilGrim

Re: Media Rover

Post by pilGrim »

kierse wrote:
Hmmm, and you're positive that 'M:\TV Shows' exists on disk as spelled in the config file?  Can you post the error (including a few lines before) and your config file somewhere.  I don't have anything else to suggest at this point without additional info.

Kierse
Does it matter that the drive is a mapped network drive to "M:"?  Network map to 'M' Drive is: \\Tower\Media\  Then content in TV Shows so full path \\Tower\Media\TV Shows.  Smart downloader uses the M:\TV Shows with no problem, but I do recall that in python minimad had to know it was windows as the syntax was changed in code to handle windows paths versus linux.

Config looks like this:
# tv root directory
# directory containing all tv shows to watch for
# NOTE: multiple directories can be specified but must be comma separated
tv_root = "M:\TV Shows"

line 136 in the _int_.py module is where the debugger stops:  raise ConfigurationError("You must declare at least one tv_root directory!")

Here is the error code I get:

2009-10-23 08:24 ERROR - You must declare at least one tv_root directory! - __init__.py:106
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Users\Admin\Mediarover\mediarover\__init__.py", line 104, in main
   _process(config, options, args)
 File "C:\Users\Admin\Mediarover\mediarover\__init__.py", line 136, in _process
   raise ConfigurationError("You must declare at least one tv_root directory!")
ConfigurationError: You must declare at least one tv_root directory!
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Users\Admin\Mediarover\mediarover.py", line 19, in
   mediarover.main()
 File "C:\Users\Admin\Mediarover\mediarover\__init__.py", line 104, in main
   _process(config, options, args)
 File "C:\Users\Admin\Mediarover\mediarover\__init__.py", line 136, in _process
   raise ConfigurationError("You must declare at least one tv_root directory!")
ConfigurationError: You must declare at least one tv_root directory!

Many thanks!!!
Last edited by pilGrim on October 22nd, 2009, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daniel_owen_uk
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by daniel_owen_uk »

kierse wrote:
daniel_owen_uk wrote: I have a south of canada non mother episode :P that is repeatedly picking up a passworded report :)

Just wondered if there is a way to exclude them, so it's Newzbin that are working on the exclude tag search?
I've run into a couple of passworded nzb's too and I've been meaning to look into them.  Does newzbin have a standard method for dealing with passworded downloads (eg. is "(Passworded)" always appended?  I suppose I could add some logic to ignore these type of nzb's the only problem will be that if there isn't some sort of a convention then MR will likely miss the odd one.  On the other hand, if there is a convention, it should be trivial to filter them out with custom search

Kierse
Hmm I spotted on a few reports that actually have "Passworded" in the title which with a bit of work on my RSS feeds, I could filter out.
Shady

Post by Shady »

Im trying to use this with newzbin but rss feeds require a username and password now.
and mediarover is not accepting the http://username:[email protected]/?search format!

Tell me how do i make it work with my newzbin account??
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Shady, the fauth parameter should work.
Simple copying the rss feed it gives you should be enough.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

I just wanted to say thanks, I've been running this for sometime (haven't updated in some time as well), but everything has been working great for me - I previously used a number of the other scripts on the site for automatic TV downloading, but this has been the easiest to use without issue.

I do have one question/request (I apologize if it has been requested or already added)... Is there the ability to select a priority for the download when it is added to the queue (added in 0.5+), which hasn't been released, still in the Alpha stage. I would love to be able to queue up a bunch of downloads during the day and not have to worry about new episodes being hung up due to the queue having a large number of items, or a number of large items...

Thanks again for all your effort kierse, perhaps one day I will look to updating it past the old config file version.

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi pilGrim,

I just reread your last post and realized that your issue hasn't been resolved.  Have you had any luck getting it working on your own?
pilGrim wrote: Does it matter that the drive is a mapped network drive to "M:"?  Network map to 'M' Drive is: \\Tower\Media\  Then content in TV Shows so full path \\Tower\Media\TV Shows.  Smart downloader uses the M:\TV Shows with no problem, but I do recall that in python minimad had to know it was windows as the syntax was changed in code to handle windows paths versus linux.
Media Rover is capable of handling both Windows and UNIX style filesystem paths.  All paths produced by MR also follow OS specific naming conventions (ie. '\' vs '/').
pilGrim wrote: Config looks like this:
# tv root directory
# directory containing all tv shows to watch for
# NOTE: multiple directories can be specified but must be comma separated
tv_root = "M:\TV Shows"
One more thing to try: can you put a comma after your tv_root directory.  You should have the following:

Code: Select all

tv_root = "M:\TV Shows",
Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

daniel_owen_uk wrote: Hmm I spotted on a few reports that actually have "Passworded" in the title which with a bit of work on my RSS feeds, I could filter out.
A couple of days ago MR scheduled an nzb for download that had (Passworded) appended to the nzb title.  This pissed me off enough to go explore the newzbin search options and try to  figure out a way to filter them out.  For anyone who is interested, you can filter out passworded nzb's by putting '- "(Passworded)"' or 'NOT "(Passworded)"' in a search.  Obviously this won't filter out passworded nzbs that haven't yet been tagged (as rollingeyeball pointed out) but it will eliminate the ones that have.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

markus101 wrote: I do have one question/request (I apologize if it has been requested or already added)... Is there the ability to select a priority for the download when it is added to the queue (added in 0.5+), which hasn't been released, still in the Alpha stage. I would love to be able to queue up a bunch of downloads during the day and not have to worry about new episodes being hung up due to the queue having a large number of items, or a number of large items...
Hi Markus,

I've just started to look at the 0.5+ feature set so the short answer is no.  That does sound like a pretty handy feature to have so you'll likely see support for it in the very near future.

Kierse
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Thanks for the update keirse. I look forward to future releases. Again great work, I don't know what I would do if I was stuck using the default RSS feed reader:)

-markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

kierse wrote:

One more thing to try: can you put a comma after your tv_root directory.  You should have the following:

Code: Select all

tv_root = "M:\TV Shows",
Kierse
Hi Kierse,

Thanks for the follow up.  I did try shortening the name of the directory to M:\TVShows with no quotes and that did not work.  I have been crazy busy with work and am about to take a 1.5 week trip.  Once I get back I will pull this up and try again and report back.

Cheers,

Greg
daniel_owen_uk
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by daniel_owen_uk »

How is work coming along on the GUI?  Have a few people I would like to show this too, but too many of them would avoid it because of the setup.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

I've been looking over this thread for month or two now anxiously waiting for GUI. I dont think its very high on to do list as i didnt find it on the "future" pages today. ( it used to be there , i think )
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Wally, I think Kierse does a great job with Media Rover and I also think a GUI is VERY high on 'the list'.
i imagine he's been busy. Some people have very busy lives. Heck maybe he's just having a lot of trouble with it.
I say this because your post sounds quite impatient and almost irate to me. I doubt it's an attitude that'd be appreciated by Kierse.

Moving on,

I just wanted to ask if there were any changes made that in the newest release, with the extra/updated logging that might stop the duplicate downloads?
They weren't regular before, but I haven't had any since I updated. Seems like a good sign.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

rollingeyeball wrote: Wally, I think Kierse does a great job with Media Rover and I also think a GUI is VERY high on 'the list'.
i imagine he's been busy. Some people have very busy lives. Heck maybe he's just having a lot of trouble with it.
I say this because your post sounds quite impatient and almost irate to me. I doubt it's an attitude that'd be appreciated by Kierse.

Moving on,

I just wanted to ask if there were any changes made that in the newest release, with the extra/updated logging that might stop the duplicate downloads?
They weren't regular before, but I haven't had any since I updated. Seems like a good sign.
impatient yes , but why would my post irritate you is beyond me.. i just posted because i saw a post above mine asking for GUI as well so i wanted to add my vote into the thread as well. I've been looking over this thread almost daily for couple months without posting or asking anything since i saw on the project page that GUI is on the horizon. I've looked over FUTURE page yesterday and didnt see GUI mentioned so i posted my findings.
kierse

Post by kierse »

rollingeyeball wrote: I just wanted to ask if there were any changes made that in the newest release, with the extra/updated logging that might stop the duplicate downloads?
There were a couple of minor changes along with the new logging.  I never did conclusively identify what the problem was so I suppose one of the changes could have solved the problem.  Glad to hear that it might be fixed!

Kierse