Overview of some 0.4.0Beta1 Features

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
daniel_owen_uk
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Overview of some 0.4.0Beta1 Features

Post by daniel_owen_uk »

Cool will give it a go later.

BTW is the secondary /m template intended for a mobile version?  Would be sweet if that's the case :)
Doraemonn

Post by Doraemonn »

If anyone has the skills and the means to package me up an Intel OSX Leopard binary of 4.0 (beta), I'll happily name my first born after you...
RXP

Post by RXP »

Damn, this looks awesome! No more even sorting tv shows into folders.  8)
daniel_owen_uk
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by daniel_owen_uk »

Not having a lot of fun with the SVC stuff, basically just grabbed everything threw it into a folder with all dependencies installed.  Then ran python SABnzbd.py

Works for 3.4 but no dice on 4.0

File "/dan/Desktop/sab/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 34, in
    from sabnzbd.utils.rsslib import RSS, Item, Namespace
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

So many new options ;D

A suggestion: would it be possible to also get rid of cherrypy's logging (to the console) of successfully served http requests when 'Logging' is set to "Errors/Warnings" on the connection tab?

Unrelated issue... things looks strange when a server is unreachable:
2008-04-02 22:59:42,699::ERROR::[downloader] Failed to initialize [email protected]:119
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/sabnzbd/downloader.py", line 243, in run
    nw.init_connect()
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/sabnzbd/newswrapper.py", line 145, in init_connect
    self.server.username, self.server.password)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/sabnzbd/newswrapper.py", line 112, in __init__
    except socket.error, (_errno, strerror):
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
2008-04-02 22:59:42,702::WARNING::[downloader] Thread [email protected]:119: failed to initialize
Eagerly awaiting the first official beta :)
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

daniel_owen_uk wrote:Do you guys run a public beta?

Wanting to install sab on my linux download machine, and I am wondering whether or not to wait for 0.4.0 beta, it definitely looks a massive improvement.
Yes, there will be a beta. Technically you could grab 0.4.0 right now from SVN . . but since the trunk is still open and we're still committing all kinds of crap to it, you might find stuff broken in some ways.
daniel_owen_uk wrote:BTW is the secondary /m template intended for a mobile version?  Would be sweet if that's the case :)
It started off at /i because it was originally targeting iPhones only. It moved to /m when it was made so you can rig it to arbitrary secondary templates. so like, you could be simultaneously be running a template geared towards running in a firefox sidebar, and then when you click your normal link you get full plush. Or you can have your secondary one be geared for text-based or mobile stuff.
jcfp wrote:A suggestion: would it be possible to also get rid of cherrypy's logging (to the console) of successfully served http requests when 'Logging' is set to "Errors/Warnings" on the connection tab?
Why not turn off cherrypy's console logging period by launching it with the -d command-line option?
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

inpheaux wrote:
jcfp wrote:A suggestion: would it be possible to also get rid of cherrypy's logging (to the console) of successfully served http requests when 'Logging' is set to "Errors/Warnings" on the connection tab?
Why not turn off cherrypy's console logging period by launching it with the -d command-line option?
Coz that kills the option to automagically open the browser which the lazy part of me doesn't want to sacrifice.
deedwar

Post by deedwar »

Everytime i build from the SVN i get the error "Unknown exception while running" and it is either par2 or unrar or unzip.  Hopefully that is just something im doing.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Read the manual:

-w0 will do the trick.
jcfp wrote:
inpheaux wrote:
Coz that kills the option to automagically open the browser which the lazy part of me doesn't want to sacrifice.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Platform?
deedwar wrote: Everytime i build from the SVN i get the error "Unknown exception while running" and it is either par2 or unrar or unzip.  Hopefully that is just something im doing.
deedwar

Post by deedwar »

Sorry about that shypike.  Yeah it is on windows.  So im not sure what i could have missed adding into python.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Builds\sabnzbd\main\sabnzbd\newsunpack.py", line 512, in unzip
if ZIP_Extract(_zip, extraction_path):
File "C:\Program Files\Builds\sabnzbd\main\sabnzbd\newsunpack.py", line 558, in ZIP_Extract
stup, need_shell, command, creationflags = build_command(command)
File "C:\Program Files\Builds\sabnzbd\main\sabnzbd\newsunpack.py", line 901, in build_command
stup.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW
NameError: global name 'STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW' is not defined
Last edited by deedwar on April 3rd, 2008, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

shypike wrote:Read the manual:

-w0 will do the trick.
How could I have missed that :-[
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

deedwar wrote: NameError: global name 'STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW' is not defined
Which version of Python are you using?
The distribution uses ActiveState.com's Python-2.5.1. If you use the original Python.org's release, you need to install PyWin32 yourself.
deedwar

Post by deedwar »

That was my issue exactly, thank you very much for that, i originally tried to install the other version of python and for some reason it didnt work properly seemed to give me errors when building the yenc code. So i installed the original python and it worked, i didnt think there was any difference obviously there is.  Thank you very much for that.
evidenceunseen

Post by evidenceunseen »

This isn't really a bug report because this hasn't been released yet, but I'm running off of the svn(.4.X).
I really like the new rss and category system, thanks a lot for that. But with the new rss engine, it doesn't grab the post processing settings from the category. For instance if I have it auto grab a tv show, it puts no post processing on it, so I just get the rars and all the other files in the completed folder. Even though I have the tv category set to +Delete. Let me know if I can help in narrowing down the problem.