Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Undisclosedpower

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Undisclosedpower »

I suppose, what im saying is I would like the option to mark an episode as watched even if its not on the FS. So that I can use the downloaded count as a gauge of what is actually waiting to be downloaded rather than episodes of shows that aired 5 years ago, that I have no intention of re-downloading or archiving.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by bnevets27 »

switch wrote: Posters, please bear in mind our rules forbid discussing the contents of your downloads from usenet. Please be sensible when writing your posts.
Sorry switch, completely forgot about that in the screen shot.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

bnevets27 wrote:
NZBMatrix wrote:All feeds update every 25 minutes, DO NOT HAMMER OUR FEEDS OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE BANNED/BLOCKED
So it might be a good idea if the user selects NZBMatrix the minimum Search Frequency is set to 25 minutes.
What I was talking about isn't a bug. What I am trying to say is that the default Search Frequency is currently at 15mins. Which may be fine for most sites. But on NZBMatrix web site they are asking that searches are done every 25mins. And if they feel you are hammering their feed then they will ban/block you.

What I am suggesting it to have the default Search Frequency change itself to 25mins if NZBMatrix is enabled as a search provider. You don't really want people to get banned because they didn't change that setting. Now if it is too hard/time consuming to do that, then a reminder/waring under the NZBMatrix section that the user has to change his Search Frequency to 25mins or risk getting banned would be a good idea.
krogaw
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by krogaw »

First thing, thanks for this great tool. Working very well, even in this early stage.

If I understand it right, sickbeard searches in the formats:
Showname+Year+S01E01
and if that fails:
Showname+S01E01

I know some shows and groups that get ony posted as "Showname 1x01" and most of the time the "year" search should be useless and only puts load on the searchproviders. I guess newzbin renames them accordingly , but atleast nzbs and nzbmatrix don't.

What about making the searchstring adjustable per show?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

This has been discussed a few times and I've decided that I want to stay away from custom search strings if at all possible. They bring about an extra degree of complexity for both the users and the program so I've been trying to do without them. Newzbin standardizes their naming but none of the other sites do so multiple searches are often mandatory. For example, The Office gets posted as both The.Office and The.Office.US, Merlin gets posted as Merlin and Merlin.2008, etc. Allowing users to specify searches is a whole new source of potential problems - for example what happens when some user puts in a search string that matches more than just the show they meant?

Newzbin and TVBinz allow multiple searches in a single query anyway so it's no extra load for them... NZBMatrix and NZBs.org don't support them so I have no choice but to do multiple searches on them.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

I see you have a ticket to fix up the way sick beard updates/refreshes. I'm wondering if that will fix issues with episodes with the same air date and name but different episode number. Basically a mistake on thetvdb that eventually gets fixed. But now I have an episode in the coming episodes that is "missing"  that can never be found.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Yes that should fix all those issues where people mess things up by screwing around with TVDB. I made a few changes with the latest rev that will attempt to fix some things like that with a "Force Update" but eventually it should handle that stuff automatically.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

Tried "force full update" with r199 but it didn't change the entry. I'll play around with it more and see if I can get it to work, if not I'll let you know.

Just used your post processing script. I haven't been actually able to download anything till now to try that part out, can't really download here atm. I did get one episode download though. Could you make the renaming structure configurable? Just as an option to use SxEE or SSEE, since my whole collection is SSEE, and you do support that when adding the files in SSEE format. (EDIT: noticed this is already a ticket, I assume that is what #61 is referring to?)

Also I looked at the nfo and noticed that the plot is blank. The plot information is on thetvdb so for some reason sick beard isn't getting the info into the nfo.

Just looked a bit deeper. I don't know when sick beard scraps thetvdb. I assume when a show is added thetvdb is scraped, but by the time the show is downloaded there is usually more info and it is usually more accurate.

What I noticed is, if I look in the details of the show for that episode in sick beard there is no plot. The plot is on thetvdb though. I assume when sick beard scraped thetvdb the info was not available. But the info is now there. As for the time line, show was added to my list of shows yesterday, the show aired today and was downloaded to day, about 2mins after the download was complete I checked thetvdb for the plot and it was there.

The info for the nfo should be scraped after the download is complete to give a better chance for the plot and thumbnail to be on thetvdb.

Also if you could and an option to disable the creation on the nfo and tbn file that would be helpful. I might still want XBMC to do the scraping, one advantage to that is it may give more time for thetvdb to have all the info and thumbnail added.

Could you also add support to keep the downloaded nfo? Have the original/downloaded .nfo extension renamed to .info and have the file renamed to the same as the episode and move it with the video file to the appropriate folder. I like to hang onto these as they sometimes contain useful info.

I just saw the new way you have shows being added the other day and like how you have done it. Great job with all the improvement, keep up the great work!
Last edited by bnevets27 on December 17th, 2009, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

bnevets27 wrote: Tried "force full update" with r199 but it didn't change the entry. I'll play around with it more and see if I can get it to work, if not I'll let you know.

Just used your post processing script. I haven't been actually able to download anything till now to try that part out, can't really download here atm. I did get one episode download though. Could you make the renaming structure configurable? Just as an option to use SxEE or SSEE, since my whole collection is SSEE, and you do support that when adding the files in SSEE format. (EDIT: noticed this is already a ticket, I assume that is what #61 is referring to?)

Also I looked at the nfo and noticed that the plot is blank. The plot information is on thetvdb so for some reason sick beard isn't getting the info into the nfo.

Just looked a bit deeper. I don't know when sick beard scraps thetvdb. I assume when a show is added thetvdb is scraped, but by the time the show is downloaded there is usually more info and it is usually more accurate.

What I noticed is, if I look in the details of the show for that episode in sick beard there is no plot. The plot is on thetvdb though. I assume when sick beard scraped thetvdb the info was not available. But the info is now there. As for the time line, show was added to my list of shows yesterday, the show aired today and was downloaded to day, about 2mins after the download was complete I checked thetvdb for the plot and it was there.

The info for the nfo should be scraped after the download is complete to give a better chance for the plot and thumbnail to be on thetvdb.

Also if you could and an option to disable the creation on the nfo and tbn file that would be helpful. I might still want XBMC to do the scraping, one advantage to that is it may give more time for thetvdb to have all the info and thumbnail added.

Could you also add support to keep the downloaded nfo? Have the original/downloaded .nfo extension renamed to .info and have the file renamed to the same as the episode and move it with the video file to the appropriate folder. I like to hang onto these as they sometimes contain useful info.

I just saw the new way you have shows being added the other day and like how you have done it. Great job with all the improvement, keep up the great work!
Yeah, that's what #61 is for.

For the file with the blank plot, does the plot show up on that episode in Sick Beard and just not the NFO? Or neither place? If the plot in Sick Beard is blank then it must have been blank at the time of the original scrape and never got changed for some reason. Again, something that should be resolved when I redo the update code. Currently SB scrapes TVDB when a show is made and then it updates the show every 6 hrs (and every time you start it). The problem is that it currently tries to use TVDB's "changed since" feature which seems to really suck, so I think I am going to have to revert to force-updating every episode.

There already is that option, it's called "Create Metadata" in the General config.

Out of curiosity, what info could you possible want out of the original NFO?
arastaf

Post by arastaf »

I must say this is a lovely program. Thanks for all of your hard work.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Glad you like it, it's nice to hear something other than bug reports sometimes :0)

The bug reports have quieted down a fair bit so I think I'm going to fix up the remaining outstanding defects and maybe a few extra features and then release a beta that is expected to be fairly stable.
themugger
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by themugger »

Just want to say how much i love the way this app is going! working really well here and very impressed. Thankyou  ;D
Stokkes

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by Stokkes »

Hey midgetspy,

Trying to set this up on my slackware (unRAID) box, which SABnzbd is running perfectly on and I'm having some issues (cheetah/cherrypy are all
installed).. Got the lastest SVN seeing as you only have win32 packages available.

When I run python ./SickBeard.py, I get...

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SickBeard.py", line 35, in <module>
    from sickbeard import db, webserve
  File "/boot/custom/opt/sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 28, in <module>
    from Cheetah.Template import Template
ImportError: No module named Cheetah.Template
Any ideas?
Last edited by Stokkes on December 31st, 2009, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beckstown

Post by beckstown »

Hi,

Really love sickbeard and just wanted to say thanks for programming it. It is greatly appreciated!

Also, I had some issues getting the sabToSickbeard.py script to function on my MAC. The script was not functioning as the default path provided for python in the first line was wrong. I had to change it from:

#!/usr/bin/python

to

#!/usr/local/bin/python

I did a python install from .dmg file. Not sure if it is something limited to my setup or something MAC specific. I just hope this information helps other MAC users if the script does not work for them.
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by midgetspy »

Stokkes wrote: Hey midgetspy,

Trying to set this up on my slackware (unRAID) box, which SABnzbd is running perfectly on and I'm having some issues (cheetah/cherrypy are all
installed).. Got the lastest SVN seeing as you only have win32 packages available.

When I run python ./SickBeard.py, I get...

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SickBeard.py", line 35, in <module>
    from sickbeard import db, webserve
  File "/boot/custom/opt/sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 28, in <module>
    from Cheetah.Template import Template
ImportError: No module named Cheetah.Template
Any ideas?
Hmm... what version of python and Cheetah do you have installed? Are you running SAB on that box from source or from a binary?