Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Media Rover

Post by bnevets27 »

I think rollingeyeball is right

Code: Select all

D:\Python26\pythonw.exe "D:\Program Files\mediarover\episodesort.py"
Should probably do the trick.

I was using the windows shell boot script, I think I just need that quotes like rollingeyeball said.
I can't verify this one.  I regenerated the configs on Linux and Windows and the nzbs subsection was properly created.  Is this repeatable or was it just a fluke of nature?
I'll see if I can repeat it. It just confused me for a while, wondering why it kept saying I didn't have a source. I then noticed in the config documents online it should be [[[nzbs]]] when it worked fine.
Do me a favour: can you turn on authentication in SABnzbd and set the username/password in Media Rover and see if the warning goes away?
I actually have it turned on already. I have my username and pass in Media Rover and like I said it works without issue but warings are there.
I'm running xp, sabnzbd 0.5 beta1

I've moved on to something else right now but I'll see if I can come back repeat that bug.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

One more sorting example using mediarover sort script:

Folder Name: Castle (2009)

Upload name: Castle.2009

Alias caught show and queued for dl

mediarover sort script created a folder named: "Castle.2009"

PilGrim
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

pilGrim wrote: One more sorting example using mediarover sort script:

Folder Name: Castle (2009)

Upload name: Castle.2009

Alias caught show and queued for dl

mediarover sort script created a folder named: "Castle.2009"

PilGrim
Did some more testing and found that the XBMC scraper can match up Castle 2009 to Castle (2009) on thetvdb.com database.  So changing my series to not have the () around the year will fix problem above.  Still have issues with "&" as described in first post about this problem.

PilGrim
transient

Post by transient »

kierse wrote:

Hey Flambard,

Looking at the stack trace you posted, it appears Media Rover is dying when it tries to grab the Sabnzbd queue information.  Open the MR log file and look for a line like the following:
Note: logging data is stored in /logs/mediarover.log

First off, I just wanna say, I love your add-on! Besides configuring (which really isn't that bad if you have experience doing .conf files) the ease of just creating a folder and it will start downloading those episodes is awesome. The other automated downloaders require a lot more work to add a tv show, whereas this one I just had to tell my mom to add a folder for the TV show, the meta data program will grab the pictures and MR will start grabbing episodes. Can't think of any easier way for non-techie's!

In regards to MR not being able to get into the sab queue, I went into the log and found the line. In my conf, I do have the username and password set up, but for the queue checker, it is not passing those credentials. In the log I have:

2009-12-11 16:57 DEBUG - retrieving queue from 'http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/api?output=xml&apikey=<apikey removed>&mode=qstatus' 
When I go to that URL, SAB responds with

<result>
<status>False</status>
<error>Missing authentication</error>
</result>
So I turned off authentication and now when I'm downloading a 15gb file, it doesn't queue 20 copies of the same episode. So turning off SAB authentication was a work around for me, but I don't understand how SAB was able to queue files but not check the queue with authentication on.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

after hours fighting SickBeard i gave 3rd shot to MediaRover and finally got it set up. Pretty easy once i got a hang of it except that sorting doesnt work :-)

sabnzbd_episode_sort.sh is set up in sabnzbd+ .5.0Beta3 to run but i'm getting "cannot run script sabnzbd_episode_sort.sh" in sabnzbd+ log.

sort file looks like this

#!/bin/sh

# Copyright 2009 Kieran Elliott <[email protected]>
#
# Media Rover is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
# 
# Media Rover is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
# 
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
# along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

# OSX hack: SABnzbd on Mac OSX comes bundled with all Python libraries
# necessary for its function.  Because of this, SABnzbd sets PYTHONHOME
# to point to its own Python libraries.  This causes a problem for Media
# Rover due to the fact that some of the key Python libraries are not
# bundled.  Therefore, we delete PYTHONHOME before invoking Media Rover
unset PYTHONHOME

# filesystem path where Media Rover is installed
ROOT=/Users/vladik1/Downloads/mediarover/

# filesystem path to configuration directory
CONFIG=/Users/vladik1/.mediarover/

python $ROOT/episodesort.py -c "$CONFIG" "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5" "$6"
Last edited by wally007 on December 12th, 2009, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

Glad you got it set up wally!

I can't help with your sort script problem but I'm sure Kierse can.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

yea , thanks for help. It was easy enough except few gothas that arent very well documented for us "lame" unix users ( meaning OSX users :-) )

Finally got sorting working as well.  sabnzbd_episode_sort.sh had to be chmoded. Aftr re-reading this thread and re-downloading same show dozen of  times , it seems to work !!!

I'd love to know how to MediaRover's sorting script deals with metadata that ARE NOT in (). tvnzb uploaders alot of times name their uploads the.biggest.show.UK.S01E01.nzb . Obviously UK should be ignored but even sabnzbd+' metadata ignore (undocumented) feature has problems ignoring .UK if its not in brackets.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

OK so i'm gonna respond to myself ... but after trying MediaRover all day today i think i'm getting good grasp how it works and what it can do.

Unfortunatelly ShowName.UK.S01E01.nzb doesnt get recognized properly. MediaRover thinks .uk. is still part of the name. I think its safe bet that in every case .UK. will not be part of the name so global ignore should work ( as well as .US. )

sabnzbd .5.Beta3 still shows "2009-12-14 01:42:08,892 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:" but MediaRover adds files to the queue fine. What doesnt work at all is queue checking for duplicates. For example THIS.SHOW.ROCKS.S01E01.nzb will be added on the first run. IF show isnt downloaded by second run ( say 15 minutes later )  THIS.SHOW.ROCKS.S01E01.720p.nzb will be added to the queue. Im pretty sure this is not desired behavior.

I dont know if it has something to do with WARNING sab is logging about.....

Other than these two small bugs , i love it. I just wish queue duplicate checking worked cuz i just downloaded same episode 4 times ( both index sites had HD and SD version and my net connection wasnt fast enough to download first version  before 4th execution :-)
Last edited by wally007 on December 13th, 2009, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
revelation_22

Post by revelation_22 »

wally007 wrote:
Other than these two small bugs , i love it. I just wish queue duplicate checking worked cuz i just downloaded same episode 4 times ( both index sites had HD and SD version and my net connection wasnt fast enough to download first version  before 4th execution :-)
I can duplicate this problem by setting a username and password in SAB and .mediarover.conf

Doing the following will prevent duplicate downloads but the "Authentication missing" warning still shows in the log.

In SAB configure an ".nzb backup folder" under the "folders" section, and "Prevent Duplicate Downloads" checked under "Switches" section. Configure your nzb backup dir in .mediarover.conf to use the same one as set in SAB.

SABnzbd+ 0.5.0Beta3
Mediarover 0.3.0
Ubuntu 9.10
Last edited by revelation_22 on December 13th, 2009, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

your workaround doesnt really work. It will prevent from downloading EXACT same file but wont prevent from downloading episode that is still in queue downloading and same episode, but with different nzb, shows up in rss feed.

Like my example above

" For example THIS.SHOW.ROCKS.S01E01.nzb will be added on the first run. IF show isnt downloaded by second run ( say 15 minutes later )  THIS.SHOW.ROCKS.S01E01.720p.nzb will be added to the queue. "

In my case where i said " i just downloaded same episode 4 times ( both index sites had HD and SD version and my net connection wasnt fast enough to download first version  before 4th execution :-) " all 4 nzb's were same episode but each nzb was named differently. (ie. SHOWNAME.S01E01.mygrouprocks.nzb , SHOWNAME.S01E01.720p.AhaIrockToo.nzb , SHOWNAME.S01E01.Second.SD.VERSION.nzb and SHOWNAME.S01E01.HDTV.nzb ). Obviously , if MediaRover was able to read sab's queue only 1st nzb would be added to the queue.
Last edited by wally007 on December 14th, 2009, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
transient

Post by transient »

Removing the user/pass from SAB and the MR conf file, as well as any other add-ons you have using user/pass, fixed it for me. Probably not a viable work around if you have your SAB box internet accessible. Perhaps SAB .5 beta changed the format of the queue user/pass and it needs to be changed in MR?
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey pilGrim,
pilGrim wrote: Mediarover Script: picks up file due to alias but does not seem to use Alias name in the sorting script?  I am getting a folder naming convention of "Brothers.and.Sisters" which is actually worse than the SABnzbd function as I have the periods in there.  

I am waiting for additional shows to dl where the name is exactly the same as my folder structure to see if mediarover script puts the files in "Some Show Name" or creates a new directory called "Some.Show.Name"

Is this how the script is supposed to work or am I using it wrong?

Can someone give me the main points of difference between mediarover sorting and SABnzbd folder sort naming function?

Many thanks!!
If you look in the sorting log file, you'll probably see something like "series directory not found", followed by "created series directory 'Some.Show.Name".  It looks as though the sorting script is not properly identifying the series folder on disk and is creating a new one.  Are you downloading the nzb's from somewhere other than Newzbin?  Or do you have the series template (in the config file) setup to replace spaces with a period?  If you can let me know where you are getting your nzb's I can try and reproduce the problem on my end and fix whatever is wrong.
pilGrim wrote: EDIT: A few other shows seem to be sorting just fine and are matching up to "Some Show Name" versus creating a dir called "Some.Show.Name".  Does the sorter only create a dir with periods when it does not match to an existing show?  Brothers & Sisters not found and no Brothers and Sisters, so creates Bothers.and.Sisters.
When MR tries to sort an episode that doesn't have a folder on disk (or at least an identifiable folder), it creates a series and season folder and moves it there.  The series and season folders are created in accordance with the template settings in the config file.  That being said, if you downloaded an nzb from say tvnzb (which already replaces spaces in a series name with a period), MR will create a folder named "Some.Show.Name" because it doesn't know any better.  The same show downloaded from Newzbin would result in a new folder called "Some Show Name" because newzbin preserves the spaces in a series name.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey wally007,
wally007 wrote: yea , thanks for help. It was easy enough except few gothas that arent very well documented for us "lame" unix users ( meaning OSX users :-) )

Finally got sorting working as well.  sabnzbd_episode_sort.sh had to be chmoded. Aftr re-reading this thread and re-downloading same show dozen of  times , it seems to work !!!

I'd love to know how to MediaRover's sorting script deals with metadata that ARE NOT in (). tvnzb uploaders alot of times name their uploads the.biggest.show.UK.S01E01.nzb . Obviously UK should be ignored but even sabnzbd+' metadata ignore (undocumented) feature has problems ignoring .UK if its not in brackets.
TvNZB is most irritating in that they don't consistently name nzb's.  In fact, TvNZB is the reason MR has alias functionality (which is the solution to your problem).  Create an alias for the show that isn't being properly identified and you should be good to go.  Here's an example:

Folder on disk:
"Some Awesome Show"

NZB:
"Some Awesome Show UK"

Obviously this won't work as MR just compares the two when making the match.  The solution here is to declare an alias.  Here is what you should have in the config file:

[tv]
    [[filter]]
        [[[ Some Awesome Show ]]]
           alias = "Some Awesome Show UK"
MR should now realize that the nzb with UK on the end is actually "Some Awesome Show".

Hope this helps.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hi everyone,

There seems to be quite a few people who are noticing the following warning in their SABnzbd logs:

WARNING:
Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
And are having problems with the Media Rover sorting script.  The one consistent variable seems to be that every single one of you are running the new SABnzbd 0.5 beta.  Obviously something in the new beta has changed and MR is now broken.  I'll have a look at it and see if I can get it corrected ASAP.

In the meantime, if you find either of these little problems to be an irritant, I would suggest switching back to the latest 0.4.x release.  I'm using 0.4.11 and everything works peachy!

Kierse
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

You'll love the step up to 0.5 kierse :D

EDIT:
As far as .5.Beta vs .4.11 Final .... i dont remember what it was about .5 release but i cant fanthom going to to .4.* version.
.5.Alphas and now .5.Betas are a LOT more stable than their names indicate. I'll rather wait for a fix and get duplicates in the meantime than go back :-) 
Individual pausing is the kicker, personally. And priorities.
I havn't used 0.4 in agggessss.
Last edited by rollingeyeball on December 15th, 2009, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.