Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Media Rover

Post by wally007 »

Jeebz wrote: Heyy all,

I finally got this setup and working sweet monitoring 16 shows and it queues up the ep's to download and i let one finish downloading but it just went into my completed downloads folder and not the folder that MR is monitoring for that show.

I have my shows split across two HDD's, (A-K) on one and (L-Z) on the other but when the download completes i thought it was meant to rename that ep and move it to the relavent folder for it? unless there is some other coding im meant to be doing. Ive just setup my filters, RSS feed but not touched anything to do with naming and moving files cause i couldn't find a guide on it? any help would be appreciated thanks

Jeebz

Edit: seems from reading a little more Sabnzbd is meant to auto start the script once a download is complete is there some setting in Sabnzbd i should have enabled to start this script? first time user of sab aswell :D
First get to know sab ( wiki manual always helps ) before you take on something as sophisticated as media rover , otherwise you're bound to run into some issues.

There are categories and each category can have script assigned to them. Media Rover uses its own sorting script so you have to disable sabnzbd's sorting and edit .sh file under scripts folder in media rover for it to work and assign this script to your TV category.

I'm not sure this all makes sense so if i were you i'd just use sab for couple of weeks and get use to it, and once you find that you're outgrowing limits of sab's RSS feeds, filters and sorting it'll be much easier to understand Media Rover.
Jeebz

Post by Jeebz »

hey all

got it working wasn't too hard in the end. Nifty little program to make my life just that little bit easier :D

thanks all
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

Jeebz wrote: hey all

got it working wasn't too hard in the end. Nifty little program to make my life just that little bit easier :D

thanks all
Cool. You'll love this app :-)

By the way , is there anyway to tell sorting script NOT to move failed downloads to destination ? Few of the shows CRC failed but Media Rover's sorting script still moved failed *.r07 files to destination and considered episode as "downloaded".

Easiest solution would be probably to tell media rover extensions it SHOULD move. I mean how many containers are still in use ? ( avi , mpg , mkv , wmv ... is that it ? )
kierse

Post by kierse »

wally007 wrote: By the way , is there anyway to tell sorting script NOT to move failed downloads to destination ? Few of the shows CRC failed but Media Rover's sorting script still moved failed *.r07 files to destination and considered episode as "downloaded".

Easiest solution would be probably to tell media rover extensions it SHOULD move. I mean how many containers are still in use ? ( avi , mpg , mkv , wmv ... is that it ? )
Good, I'm not the only one who's been noticing this issue.  Between 0.4.x and 0.5.0, SAB has changed how it deals with failed dowloads.  In 0.4.x, it would prefix the download folder with __FAILED__ which was easy to identify.  In 0.5.0, it doesn't seem to be doing this which means MR has no idea whether or not the download was successfully unpacked.  SAB is now passing a status flag when it calls third party scripts but it seems to be 0 when a CRC error occurs so I'm not really sure what its for. 

Now that I'm sure this isn't an issue limited to me, I will be getting in touch with the SAB development team to figure out whats going on.

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

wally007 wrote: By the way is there anyway to configure episode sorting so that if TV show doesnt exist on the disk,  to get rid of the "." in the name ?
Newzbin and nzbmatrix put spaces in the name but unfortunatelly tvnzb and nzbs.org leave dots in the names.
Unfortunately no.  If the MR sorting script processes a downloaded episode and there isn't already a series folder on disk, it creates one using the series info it was able to scrape from the nzb title.  Until I can incorporate support for something like tvrage or thetvdb, this is the best I could come up with.

Kierse
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

kierse wrote:
wally007 wrote: By the way is there anyway to configure episode sorting so that if TV show doesnt exist on the disk,  to get rid of the "." in the name ?
Newzbin and nzbmatrix put spaces in the name but unfortunatelly tvnzb and nzbs.org leave dots in the names.
Unfortunately no.  If the MR sorting script processes a downloaded episode and there isn't already a series folder on disk, it creates one using the series info it was able to scrape from the nzb title.  Until I can incorporate support for something like tvrage or thetvdb, this is the best I could come up with.

Kierse
its not a problem, really. Its easy to get new shows off newzbin or nzbmartix and subsequent shows will get renamed and move properly even if they come from nzbs and tvnzb. I actually like the fact it doesnt use thetvdb for anything since they're down fairly often.

SAB is now passing a status flag when it calls third party scripts but it seems to be 0 when a CRC error occurs so I'm not really sure what its for. 

Now that I'm sure this isn't an issue limited to me, I will be getting in touch with the SAB development team to figure out whats going on.
Thanks , let us know what happens. I know couple of "articles" that are corrupt on astra's servers so i can test it for you :-)
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

kierse wrote:

Kierse
Hi Kierse,

It would be a great future enhancement to have the sort script reach out to thetvdb.com database to get the official name, that way the scrapers in the various media managemnt programes can match the show up to pull the info.  I realise this may not be easy, but just wanted to show support for such an enhancement.  Another option that would be helpful if a direct pull from thetvdb is too difficult, is to have the script use the alias defined in the config.  For example most postings for CSI come across as CSI, but to match the las vegas main show up it needs to be formated as CSI Crime Scene Investigation.  I keep the show listed as CSI Crime Scene Investigation on my hard drive and the alias works great in the script to find the show and queau it up, but when it gets sorted and moved, I have to go in and rename it as it shows up on the hard drive as just plain old CSI.

Many thanks for media rover!!!!  Don't know what I would do without it!!

pilGrim
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

plex / xbmc already scrape info based on SxxExx format from thetvdb so i dont know what extra info needs media rover to provide ?

can you explain in little bit more detail ?
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

wally007 wrote: plex / xbmc already scrape info based on SxxExx format from thetvdb so i dont know what extra info needs media rover to provide ?

I was not speaking to season and episode number, but more to series name.  If CSI Las Vegas is named just CSI as it downloads, then it does not match.  The show must be named CSI Crime Scene Investigation.

I have had similar issues with a number of shows, for example common newsgroup name: "Brothers and Sisters" needs to be "Brothers & Sisters".  I think they improved the XBMC scraper or they improved the matching on thetvdb.com side, because I used to have big issues with shows that had an apostrophe:  Grey's anatomy versus Greys anatomy.  But still have an issue with a handful of shows like CSI and Brothes & Sisters.

The number of shows is not that many so maybe the key is just to have the sort script check for aliases before renaming and moving.

Pilgrim
Last edited by pilGrim on January 28th, 2010, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

pilGrim wrote:
wally007 wrote: plex / xbmc already scrape info based on SxxExx format from thetvdb so i dont know what extra info needs media rover to provide ?

I was not speaking to season and episode number, but more to series name.  If CSI Las Vegas is named just CSI as it downloads, then it does not match.  The show must be named CSI Crime Scene Investigation.

I have had similar issues with a number of shows, for example common newsgroup name: "Brothers and Sisters" needs to be "Brothers & Sisters".  I think they improved the XBMC scraper or they improved the matching on thetvdb.com side, because I used to have big issues with shows that had an apostrophe:  Grey's anatomy versus Greys anatomy.  But still have an issue with a handful of shows like CSI and Brothes & Sisters.

The number of shows is not that many so maybe the key is just to have the sort script check for aliases before renaming and moving.

Pilgrim
There's alias already in Media Rover. Check back one or two pages where i asked about "The SHOW" and "The SHOW UK".

But after all , i think its more of a problem with scraper than anything. I think i've seen it couple of times mentioned there so it's probably going to be looked at , at some point if enough people experience that issue.
jkristoph

Post by jkristoph »

How would you set Mediarover to Download xvid versions of shows only if x264 files are not found?  Problem is that even if I setup an xvid only feed at have Mediarover scan it first, chances are that xvid versions will always be queued because they are generally released earlier.  It would be gtreat if Mediarover could download the xvid files and simply replace them with x264 when available.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

jkristoph wrote: How would you set Mediarover to Download xvid versions of shows only if x264 files are not found?  Problem is that even if I setup an xvid only feed at have Mediarover scan it first, chances are that xvid versions will always be queued because they are generally released earlier.  It would be gtreat if Mediarover could download the xvid files and simply replace them with x264 when available.
If you had bothered to read last two pages you'd know that Kierse ( developer ) is looking into the way how to implement this. As of now its not possible YET.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

People can't be expected to read all the way through a 27 page thread wally :)

jkristoph, what wally said :P
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

jkristoph wrote: How would you set Mediarover to Download xvid versions of shows only if x264 files are not found?  Problem is that even if I setup an xvid only feed at have Mediarover scan it first, chances are that xvid versions will always be queued because they are generally released earlier.  It would be gtreat if Mediarover could download the xvid files and simply replace them with x264 when available.
What most people do is create an rss feed that only shows the type of shows you want.  the easiest way to do this is via two MyTvNZB feeds: http://mytvnzb.mine.nu/

pick out shows you want as xvid and create 1st feed
then create new feed that only picks up shows you want in x264.

Works well enough!

pilgrim
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

wally007 wrote:
There's alias already in Media Rover. Check back one or two pages where i asked about "The SHOW" and "The SHOW UK".

But after all , i think its more of a problem with scraper than anything. I think i've seen it couple of times mentioned there so it's probably going to be looked at , at some point if enough people experience that issue.
My issue is not with picking up the show for download; the alias works perfect for that.  My issue is that the sort / move script does not rename the show for the desired name in the alias.  Right now I have to manually rename and move all the files that fall into this issue.  If changes are made in xbmc or on the thetvdb.org database to allow things like "and" versus "&" that would work, but it seems to me that it would be a great enhancement to complete the whole alias feature.  Alias to find, and alias to rename on hard drive.

Don't get me wrong I am very happy with the program as is and Kierse has done fabulous work!!  This enhancement would just make it that much better!

pilgrim