Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
SABUser

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by SABUser »

midgetspy wrote:
SABUser wrote: Sickbeard overwrites plain text URL NFOS with XML ones. :(

I can understand why people like XML nfos but i never want them. I use the text nfo which only has the show URL and let XBMC do the rest. This way when i refresh a show with XBMC it updates with all the new information and not with static info from the XML nfo.

Can you add an option to either/or/both not overwrite existing text nfos and if missing create text nfos rather than XML ones?
Just turn off metadata creation.
Yeah that makes obvious sense however the default for this setting is "on" and it is very easy with the "Add all shows in a root directory" feature to completely overwrite every text based nfo you have.

How about "use existing nfo" option?

Kudos on the 2.5 branch will test it out ASAP
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

SABUser wrote:
midgetspy wrote:
SABUser wrote: Sickbeard overwrites plain text URL NFOS with XML ones. :(

I can understand why people like XML nfos but i never want them. I use the text nfo which only has the show URL and let XBMC do the rest. This way when i refresh a show with XBMC it updates with all the new information and not with static info from the XML nfo.

Can you add an option to either/or/both not overwrite existing text nfos and if missing create text nfos rather than XML ones?
Just turn off metadata creation.
Yeah that makes obvious sense however the default for this setting is "on" and it is very easy with the "Add all shows in a root directory" feature to completely overwrite every text based nfo you have.

Are you talking about tvshow.nfo or episode NFOs? If you have a TVShow.nfo file that isn't a valid XML NFO it should rename it to tvshow.nfo.old and make a new one for you automatically. Currently it uses that tvshow.nfo for its own purposes but I will remove that dependency eventually.
RKM

Post by RKM »

I'm interested in trying a SABnzbd+ tool for automatic TV episode downloads.

I use my own customized RSS feed that downloads only the shows I watch, from TVNZB, and simply want these downloaded and renamed using the TVDB data.

I don't want to find old/missed episodes, etc.  Just monitor an RSS-feed and download/rename.  I don't want anything put into folders, I use a flat-directory for all TV episodes as they come in.

With this in mind, would I be better off with something like this app (Sick Beard) or MediaRover? 

I noticed MediaRover appears to be more mature (just going by the forum date/posts); however, I'm not entirely sure of the differences or whether one of them might work better for my situation.

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide between the two apps!
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

RKM wrote: I'm interested in trying a SABnzbd+ tool for automatic TV episode downloads.

I use my own customized RSS feed that downloads only the shows I watch, from TVNZB, and simply want these downloaded and renamed using the TVDB data.

I don't want to find old/missed episodes, etc.  Just monitor an RSS-feed and download/rename.  I don't want anything put into folders, I use a flat-directory for all TV episodes as they come in.

With this in mind, would I be better off with something like this app (Sick Beard) or MediaRover? 

I noticed MediaRover appears to be more mature (just going by the forum date/posts); however, I'm not entirely sure of the differences or whether one of them might work better for my situation.

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide between the two apps!
Well Sick Beard could be set up to do that but it would probably be far simpler to just use the built in RSS reader in SAB rather than an external program.
SABUser

Post by SABUser »

midgetspy wrote:
SABUser wrote:
midgetspy wrote: Just turn off metadata creation.

Are you talking about tvshow.nfo or episode NFOs? If you have a TVShow.nfo file that isn't a valid XML NFO it should rename it to tvshow.nfo.old and make a new one for you automatically. Currently it uses that tvshow.nfo for its own purposes but I will remove that dependency eventually.
I have certainly not seen a .old file when SickBeard replaced the nfos so far. However since tvshow.nfo is a XBMC creation its probably a requirement to support any of the 3 version XBMC supports (URL, XML or MIX) as seen here http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Import_ ... y#TV_Shows.

I look forward to the removal of the tvshow.nfo dependency as any read of this or images will cause my NAS drives to spin up :)
kricker

Post by kricker »

Sickbeard is getting all the info for my shows properly, but nothing is being sent to SABnzbd to be downloaded. I am having to manually force update in the missing episode screen for it to snatch the nzbs.

EDIT:
I am using NZBMatrix and NZBs.org as search providers.
Last edited by kricker on February 1st, 2010, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madman420
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by madman420 »

kricker wrote: Sickbeard is getting all the info for my shows properly, but nothing is being sent to SABnzbd to be downloaded. I am having to manually force update in the missing episode screen for it to snatch the nzbs.
Me too. I am using NZBMATRIX and it does the same thing. I see the posts on NZBM and wounder why my sab is idle. then i click force update and it grabs them. these are in the missing section.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Guys that is like telling your doctor your back hurts and expecting him to fix it... I need more info! Logs, show examples, SB versions, etc...
kricker

Post by kricker »

Yeah, sorry I was in a rush at that moment.

I am using Sickbeard version r267
SABnzbd 0.5.0RC3

** Post sanitized; do not break forum rules. **

ohh...and my back does hurt...can you fix that too!
Last edited by Anonymous on February 20th, 2010, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

OK I see the problem that is crashing your search thread - I've fixed it for the next rev but i'm not sure what's causing the problem in the first place. It looks like you have an episode in there that belongs to a show that you no longer have in your DB maybe?
kricker

Post by kricker »

midgetspy wrote: OK I see the problem that is crashing your search thread - I've fixed it for the next rev but i'm not sure what's causing the problem in the first place. It looks like you have an episode in there that belongs to a show that you no longer have in your DB maybe?
Here is my DB if it helps.

Other than that I do know sometimes sikbeard fails to respond when trying to open the web page to manage it, but the process is running. This seems to happen most after my pc resumes from standby. But it doesn't always happen. And it seems to happen much less with r267 than earlier versions.
stephenm00

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC

Post by stephenm00 »

Fixed
Last edited by stephenm00 on April 21st, 2017, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

stephenm00 wrote: I have been playing around with this and love it. Seems to work good. Out of curiosity, do you have a time line until the Beta0.1 release?
Not really, no. I just want to get the remaining stuff on the google code Issues page done and keep fixing bugs - once it's feature complete I'll probably keep it up for a few weeks to hopefully squash most of the low hanging fruit and then put out a beta.
kricker

Post by kricker »

Will a new build be released tonight that address my issue? If not, I'll just manually force the snatching for now. I grabbed the latest svn version, but have no clue how to compile it.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

kricker wrote: Will a new build be released tonight that address my issue? If not, I'll just manually force the snatching for now. I grabbed the latest svn version, but have no clue how to compile it.
Yeah I'll upload a new build pretty soon. To run SVN from source you need to install Python and Cheetah.