Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Smoke

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Smoke »

It appears that the latest version ( r312 ) overwrote all of my fanart and posters. Has this happened to anyone else? I put a lot of time and effort in to choosing that artwork and now I must manually redo it. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional ( if so, why? ), but it'd be great if Sick Beard only grabbed fanart/posters that were missing and not actually overwrote any existing files.
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

Smoke wrote: It appears that the latest version ( r312 ) overwrote all of my fanart and posters. Has this happened to anyone else? I put a lot of time and effort in to choosing that artwork and now I must manually redo it. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional ( if so, why? ), but it'd be great if Sick Beard only grabbed fanart/posters that were missing and not actually overwrote any existing files.
Bug, should be fixed in the next build (or r321).
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

midgetspy wrote:
Smoke wrote: It appears that the latest version ( r312 ) overwrote all of my fanart and posters. Has this happened to anyone else? I put a lot of time and effort in to choosing that artwork and now I must manually redo it. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional ( if so, why? ), but it'd be great if Sick Beard only grabbed fanart/posters that were missing and not actually overwrote any existing files.
Bug, should be fixed in the next build (or r321).
Excellent!

And thanks for looking in to my previous request of supporting other XBMC-supported double episode naming schemes. I look forward to whenever that is implemented so I no longer have this problem:
** REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR **

Keep up the great work! I certainly appreciate all the effort you put in to this excellent tool.
Last edited by switch on February 20th, 2010, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

I made some changes in r325 that should allow this type of naming. I did little/no testing though so I'm not going to make a new build yet - if you run from source feel free to give it a shot though.
apickle

Post by apickle »

midgetspy wrote:
That's not a supported file structure so no there's no way to get SB to do that for you. Why would you want every episode in a separate folder anyway?

If you mean SB isn't deleting the old SAB download folders it should be, unless you have "Keep folder after processing" checked in the config.
No, it's just the way I've had SABNZBd set up to sort the shows. Not a dealbreaker at all, I think it's just handy to keep the show/nfo/etc files together in a single folder. Makes copying an episode to a USB stick or drive simple too.
Arg0t

Post by Arg0t »

Thanks for this, just switched off my HellaVCR install in favour of SB.

I'm not an XBMC user, prefer Mediabrowser and MCE, would great if you could add support for creation of the series.xml and show xml files used by a MCE setup. Save me running metabrowser against my tv folders every few days.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Arg0t wrote: Thanks for this, just switched off my HellaVCR install in favour of SB.

I'm not an XBMC user, prefer Mediabrowser and MCE, would great if you could add support for creation of the series.xml and show xml files used by a MCE setup. Save me running metabrowser against my tv folders every few days.
Are they the same as the XBMC metadata files but with different names?
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

Just wanted to say thanks for the extra double episode naming convention support! I have tested it on several shows so far and the "1x01-1x02" format is working as expected. It's great!

The only issue I've run in to so far involves three unaired episodes being incorrectly recognized as an earlier double episode for some reason, and neither Refresh nor Force Full Update seems to resolve it.

Last edited by switch on February 20th, 2010, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Smoke wrote: Just wanted to say thanks for the extra double episode naming convention support! I have tested it on several shows so far and the "1x01-1x02" format is working as expected. It's great!

The only issue I've run in to so far involves three unaired episodes being incorrectly recognized as an earlier double episode for some reason, and neither Refresh nor Force Full Update seems to resolve it.

Yeah the problem is that they were incorrectly filled in when the regex was broken and there's no mechanism to retroactively fix them. To force a fix you could delete & re-add the show, or rename that episode, do a refresh, and name it back and refresh again. Or when you get proper episodes for those files they'll get replaced.
Last edited by switch on February 20th, 2010, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arg0t

Post by Arg0t »

Running R364, the backlog search button no longer works.

Also, is there any way of forcing double digit season numbers? I'm getting Season 1 and Season 01.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

You need to be way more specific... which button? Force backlog, moving an episode to backlog, the backlog page, ?? And define doesn't work. What does it not do that it should do? Finally, post a log of it not doing whatever it's supposed to do.

And forcing double digit season numbers where? When renaming files? Displaying names? Searching RSS? Season folders?
-pete-

Post by -pete- »

Just wondering if it would be possible to set a primary search provider in a future version, I prefer my stuff from tvnzb but its nice to have a backup.

Anyways, keep up to good work! This program has already made all this stuff so much easier :)
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Sinnocence

Post by Sinnocence »

Is it possible to have SickBeard run a custom script after it has finished on Windows? I can't see an existing option for it but it would be handy (passing the input arguments + destination clean/new full file path info to the script).

I have kinda a fringe case. My current setup isn't ideal - I download on my desktop and copy to a NAS for storage. I'd like to be able to sort by time, to see the latest additions to a folder, but parent directories don't inherit their child modified timestamp. For example, if I add a file 'd.file' to \\server\media\a\b\c\d.file the timestamp of folder 'c' is updated, but the timestamp of folders 'a' and 'b' are not. I wrote a small PHP script to traverse the tree back up to the specified root and create&delete a file in each directory to force a timestamp update, which is fine... but I have no way of passing it the destination path details? If I was on another platform I could modify your scripts to do it I'm sure but windows just has the sabToSickBeard.exe.

Or is there a better way I can go about this?

Thanks.
mota

Post by mota »

Hi,

I have problem with version 365. After I upgraded to 365 I can't run Sick Beard in background, after I log off it starts to do following. Web server part is running, but when I try to get show details on home page I get following errors:

Code: Select all

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/usr/local/sickbeard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 796, in displayShow
    logger.log(str(showObj.tvdbid) + ": Displaying all episodes from the database")
  File "/usr/local/sickbeard/sickbeard/logger.py", line 75, in log
    sbLogger.info(outLine)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1030, in info
    self._log(INFO, msg, args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1143, in _log
    self.handle(record)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1153, in handle
    self.callHandlers(record)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1190, in callHandlers
    hdlr.handle(record)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 669, in handle
    self.emit(record)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 778, in emit
    self.handleError(record)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 720, in handleError
    traceback.print_exception(ei[0], ei[1], ei[2], None, sys.stderr)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/traceback.py", line 124, in print_exception
    _print(file, 'Traceback (most recent call last):')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/traceback.py", line 13, in _print
    file.write(str+terminator)
IOError: [Errno 6] Device not configured