Feature request for version 4.0

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ferno

Feature request for version 4.0

Post by ferno »

Hi,

I am posting this here instead of the feature request part because I am not sure if everything targeting the Beta should go here.

Anyway,

Feel free to move it to the other section is that is more appropriate.

Here it goes.

I know you guys are swamped with request already but I just can't help myself. :)

I would love to have an overview and History of what the RSS option is throwing into the queue.
While it is obvious that if one download appears in the queue without you putting it there manually I think is is still more clear if somehow there is a tag like [added by RSS] and in the rss page (let say on top) an history of what the RSS automation has been producing.

As last remark I need to say that the RSS feature is a killer feature which is working very well (I had the newest battlestar in the queue without even have to do anything or think about it) and well worth further development.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Feature request for version 4.0

Post by shypike »

The Rematch/Show button shows you what has been downloaded.
ferno

Post by ferno »

shypike wrote: The Rematch/Show button shows you what has been downloaded.
Hi,

I know But I think an overview in the general RSS page and a tag in the History would realy but some (more)shine on the already excelent RSS feature. :)
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

The RSS page is already crowded enough, there's no room for showing the downloads.
Tagging queue/history: we'll take it into consideration.
ferno

Post by ferno »

Hi,

Yes you are right about the cluttering.

I noticed one more thing, when you hit the query or rematch button the status of the rss entry changes to start/download again and you have to enable it again.

Maybe a 2 buttons on top of the page one show downloaded History (but the tagging would do also) and one free query the RSS feed button, or something alike.

Anyway,

Just thinking about how to improve he already exelent RSS feature.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

ferno wrote: I noticed one more thing, when you hit the query or rematch button the status of the rss entry changes to start/download again and you have to enable it again.
This is by design. You don't want the scheduled query to barge in while you are refining your filters.
ferno

Post by ferno »

shypike wrote:
ferno wrote: I noticed one more thing, when you hit the query or rematch button the status of the rss entry changes to start/download again and you have to enable it again.
This is by design. You don't want the scheduled query to barge in while you are refining your filters.
Ok,

That makes sense.