Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by b1scu1t »

Hello Midgetspy,

Thanks for your response, I have another request.  May be this is already implemented and I just don't know how to use it.  Is it possible to dump all the Show folders into a seperate folder called "TV Shows" or some such thing.  I like to keep all the show information in one location separate from the binaries/lib etc. 

Right now, every time I add a show to my list of stuff to be watched it just creates another folder in the parent SickBeard directory. 

Thanks again!

I am loving your product.

b1scu1t
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by midgetspy »

b1scu1t wrote: Hello Midgetspy,

Thanks for your response, I have another request.  May be this is already implemented and I just don't know how to use it.  Is it possible to dump all the Show folders into a seperate folder called "TV Shows" or some such thing.  I like to keep all the show information in one location separate from the binaries/lib etc. 

Right now, every time I add a show to my list of stuff to be watched it just creates another folder in the parent SickBeard directory. 

Thanks again!

I am loving your product.

b1scu1t
I'm not sure I'm understanding your question but just enter a path (or browse to it) rather than just putting the show name and you can put the shows wherever you want. Is that what you meant?
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by b1scu1t »

Midgetspy,

You are right, I just tried it out and it works.  The folder is being created in the location I want it to be.  One other thing, every time I change the time refresh to something smaller than 30 minutes, it resets back to the default 30.  Is this the way it is coded?

Btw, what does the season folders mean?  

Thanks!
b1scu1t
Last edited by b1scu1t on March 17th, 2010, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

Yes 30 is the minimum to reduce the load on the providers. Season folders means it makes a folder for each season "Show\Season 1"
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

FYI to everybody running from source: it is being moved over to Github: http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard

If you don't want to configure git you can just download zips of the source directly from github: http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/archives/master
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by b1scu1t »

Hello Midgetspy,

As you may or may not know there has been a rash of fake nzb's being uploaded in tvnzb., further tvnzb is one of the places SickBeard sweeps through for nzbs.  I can disable it, but that site does get some nzbs much quicker than newzbin or nzbmatrix at times.

That being said, I have my own custom tvnzb feed which is piped through yahoo pipes where I limit the nzb sizes hence filtering junk.

Here is my yahoo pipe which you can view/copy etc.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info? ... 7a804c84d8

Is it possible for you to add a custom rss feed url entry in addition to the presets provided?

Thanks!
b1scu1t
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Custom RSS feeds will be implemented eventually but not in the immediate future. I will need to refactor the whole provider/search code to do that properly.
madlan
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by madlan »

Hey MidgetSpy, Whats the difference between the two Update and Refresh options under Home\Mass Update?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

madlan wrote: Hey MidgetSpy, Whats the difference between the two Update and Refresh options under Home\Mass Update?
"Refresh" just re-scans your show folder and makes sure all episodes are added to the database, have nfos, etc, "Force Update" re-downloads all info from TVDB and updates every episode's info and then does a refresh after.
vinister

Post by vinister »

b1scu1t wrote: Midgetspy,

You are right, I just tried it out and it works.  The folder is being created in the location I want it to be.  One other thing, every time I change the time refresh to something smaller than 30 minutes, it resets back to the default 30.  Is this the way it is coded?

Btw, what does the season folders mean?  

Thanks!
b1scu1t

I found the best thing to do when adding a new show is to simply create the directory in advance, with the name of the show.  Then browse there in sickbeard and it will be added properly.

It would be nicer if it was coded into SickBeard to place the new folder where all the others are, instead of in the program's root directory.  I made that mistake at first, it was showing files as downloaded but I couldn't find them anywhere.  Eventually I looked in the sickbeard folder and alas, there they were.

ex:  if all my shows are in D:\VIDEO\TV SHOWS\SHOWNAME\, then a newly added show should be placed in D:\VIDEOS\TV SHOWS\    by default.    If there are no other shows, then the program should ask where I want the dir to be created instead of putting it in the program dir.  I don't think anyone would actually want to store their shows in the sickbeard folder.  I also think we can assume that 99% of us will have all our show folders in the same place, whether that is our XBMC media folder or a temp folder or whatever.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Yes there will be some usability improvements towards root dir and show paths but I'm not sure when they'll happen.
two4suited

Post by two4suited »

I am having some weird behavior with SickBeard grabbing shows from last week.  I am not sure if it is me using it incorrectly or a bug that has popped up.  I have been using Sickbeard since the very beginning and just started to notice this bug over the last week or so, around build 415ish.

After I watch my show I remove them from the HD.  So let's take Lost for example it will download on Tuesday I watch it then delete it using the delete function on xbmc.  So then when sickbeard does it's rescan at night it see that it no longer sees the episode so it changes it to skipped.  That seem to work well until last week.

Now sickbeard will download those shows, so today I just saw that it downloaded Lost Episode 8 Recon, now that show has been deleted since last tuesday.  It also downloaded Mercy(airs Wednesday), ParentHood(airs Tuesday),Parks and Rec(Airs Thursday), SouthLand(Airs Tuesday) all from last week.  It didn't download American Idol or Justified which air on Tuesday's too.

I don't see these epsodes in the Coming Episodes or in the Backlog.

I am not sure if this is a bug or something I am missing.

Let me know if you need more info.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Most importantly I need to know what version you have because there were some bugs in the episode statuses that might have caused that but they should be fixed in the current source.
two4suited

Post by two4suited »

I was running 431 when I saw the issue, just upgraded to 434 after posting the message.  I will let you know if see the behavior again.
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by b1scu1t »

Midgetspy,

I had sent you a private message as I did not want to include show names in the messages here.  In follow up to that message, I noticed the following issue.  I added a show that is currently being aired into SickBeard, it seems to pick up all the prior seasons and the current season too, but it wouldn't seem to pick up the latest up coming show.

I further took a look at the sqlite db and saw that the show did not have the status of the show(continuing/blank) and air date(sunday 8pm) in my case, when I updated that the fields in question and started up SickBeard again, things started working properly.  It shows the latest upcoming episode etc.

Just wanted to let you know what I ended up doing to fix the problem.

Thanks!
b1scu1t
Last edited by b1scu1t on March 24th, 2010, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.