SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rAf

Re: SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Post by rAf »

Are you using one of the test version or the last public version ?
I'm pretty sure i removed this debug lines...
durianmy

Post by durianmy »

rAf wrote: Are you using one of the test version or the last public version ?
I'm pretty sure i removed this debug lines...
Thanks !  Resolved by downloading a copy  from the site again.  I might have the test version.
gers1978

Post by gers1978 »

Is there any point of using SABnzbdX if we have SABnzbd+ 0.5.x?
rAf

Post by rAf »

nop it works with 0.5.x.
gers1978

Post by gers1978 »

Yeah, but doesn't 0.5.x have "built in" SABnzbdX-like support?
rAf

Post by rAf »

Yes it's still complementary if you want/need to control a remote SABnzbd...
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

rAf wrote: Yes it's still complementary if you want/need to control a remote SABnzbd...
i think its great. Ive always used it remotely to monitor/controll headless mac server. Only feature its missing, is listing quick history.
Neil

Post by Neil »

wally007 wrote:
rAf wrote: Yes it's still complementary if you want/need to control a remote SABnzbd...
i think its great. Ive always used it remotely to monitor/controll headless mac server. Only feature its missing, is listing quick history.
I agree that a quick history would be great.  It would be my number one feature request.  My second request would be to be able to change the que order, but I don't do that nearly as often as check recent history, say the last 10 or 20 downloads.
Xeijin

Post by Xeijin »

Hi rAf, I'm still having problems with the timeout (running the latest Sabnzbdx, 1.2.6). It connects perfectly, I can see my queue, track download speeds etc, but I keep getting the "not started" message.

I have tried using the hidden option you mentioned (defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/org.sabnzbdx.team timeout -int 5) and have changed "5" to all numbers between 1 and 10 but I am still having problems with Growl showing "not connected" then it connecting again, though the time between this does seem to vary.

I am connecting to a remote Sabnzbd installation on my network (being run by an Ubuntu Linux server). Other API interfaces such as the Firefox extension and Windows tray icon have no problems staying connected so I think everything is OK on my side.

Thanks in advance for your help.
rAf

Post by rAf »

I'm aware of this... I don't know what's the cause.
It seem that the airport disconnects sometimes... I usually have this issue on my macbook pro with Wifi connection.
Do you have the same issue ? I hope 10.6.3 will correct this...
yellownote

Post by yellownote »

Thanks for all your effort. Works great for controlling SAB on my Apple TV.
Xeijin

Post by Xeijin »

rAf wrote: I'm aware of this... I don't know what's the cause.
It seem that the airport disconnects sometimes... I usually have this issue on my macbook pro with Wifi connection.
Do you have the same issue ? I hope 10.6.3 will correct this...
I think I may be experiencing something similar. I am having problems with airport, I have to manually disconnect then reconnect (despite the airport symbol showing full strength and no problems being reported) because I seem to lose my internet connection. I will wait for the 10.6.3 update, thanks.
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by injectx »

Hi rAf,

First of all, thanks for creating this great app! I recently bought a mac and this app is just fenomenal! (like Steve would say ;) )
Second, I don't know if you're still active on the project but I had a request: Could you somehow make the titlebar icon flash or pulse when paused?
Now (and also when still using the webpage) I notice that when I pause Sabnzbd, I just almost always forget to resume it again. Why? Because I just don't notice the difference (fast enough) between the active and paused icon (they're both black).

Ok i't just an request and not necessary but if you happen to have some spare time left it just would be SUPER AWESOME! :D

Thanks, take care and keep up the good work!
unisonruss

Post by unisonruss »

If this app had the capability of choosing what category the current nzb was, this app would be for me! For instance, I have SAB setup to start any nzb that I download (it starts automatically) but I always have to go to the host site to change the category to movies, app, etc. If I could do that from an app in my menu bar, I would be in heaven! Is there anything like that out there?
rAf

Post by rAf »

Hi, for now I have no time to develop new features in SABnzbdX, but I'll try to add this one day...