Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
opet

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by opet »

Found a few suggestion about upgrading python, but so far it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Anyway.

Does Sick Beard refresh its own show lists to check if new episodes are added manually at any point? Or does this refresh have to be done manually?

I figured that I could let SAB do the sorting for now, and write up a cuick post-processing script that updates Plex/XBMC and refreshes the show lists in Sick Beard to stay updated. Is there a string I could send to Sick Beard?
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

Sick Beard checks for updates every night at 3AM. It doesn't have an API, but as a hack you could just call the URL of the link that does whatever you want it to do... though off the top of my head I don't think you could get it to refresh all shows automatically.
mkopel

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - How to best run in background in OS X

Post by mkopel »

Just installed Sick Beard on my iMac and it is working great! This is an amazing piece of software, thanks for sharing this. One question: What would be the best way to run this in the background in OS X. Currently I am just running the source with '/usr/bin/pythonw' '/Applications/Sick Beard/SickBeard.py'. But I can't close the terminal shell or it will kill the process. Any suggestions??
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

No idea, unless there is a screen compiled for Mac, in which case do:

screen -A -m -d -S sickbeard /usr/bin/python '/Applications/Sick Beard/SickBeard.py'

Then you can check the console whenever you want with screen -r sickbeard, and exit back out (leaving it running) with CTRL+A, D.
Di6iTAL

Post by Di6iTAL »

How do I change SB to use IP instead of localhost? (like SAB) - just so I can access outside of my network.

Also, say I add a show and im missing an entire season, how should I go about grabbing those?  atm I just hit "search" for each missing episode.  Would I select all missing eps, then switch them to missed?, if so what next, just a refresh or update?

Sorry for dumb questions but its quite a learning curve for me.  Im starting to get it lol

Thanks again for everything
munchit

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by munchit »

Di6iTAL wrote: How do I change SB to use IP instead of localhost? (like SAB) - just so I can access outside of my network.

Also, say I add a show and im missing an entire season, how should I go about grabbing those?  atm I just hit "search" for each missing episode.  Would I select all missing eps, then switch them to missed?, if so what next, just a refresh or update?

Sorry for dumb questions but its quite a learning curve for me.  Im starting to get it lol

Select the show and it will list all the seasons and specials, i then click the button to tick the entire season and at the top select Backlog from the drop down - then click go. This will add all the shows from that Season to the backlog. You can then either wait patiently for the backlog to work, or go into the backlog and click Force.

I've done this with a couple of shows and it worked great!
Di6iTAL

Post by Di6iTAL »

munchit wrote:
Di6iTAL wrote: How do I change SB to use IP instead of localhost? (like SAB) - just so I can access outside of my network.

Select the show and it will list all the seasons and specials, i then click the button to tick the entire season and at the top select Backlog from the drop down - then click go. This will add all the shows from that Season to the backlog. You can then either wait patiently for the backlog to work, or go into the backlog and click Force.

I've done this with a couple of shows and it worked great!
Wonderful, works just great.  Thank you

Post-processing works for me now, and I think all I have to figure out now is how to make it use IP instead of "localhost" like SAB
munchit

Post by munchit »

Di6iTAL wrote:
Wonderful, works just great.  Thank you

Post-processing works for me now, and I think all I have to figure out now is how to make it use IP instead of "localhost" like SAB
I can't test it as i'm not at home, but localhost is just a DNS resolve of your local system IP, so there is technically no reason why you cannot replace the LOCALHOST part in the URL for SB with the same IP you use for SAB but change the port to the one the SB uses - by default this is 8081 - assuming they reside on the same computer.

I.e. If SAB is http://192.168.101.1:8080/sabnzbd/ then Sick Beard will likely be http://192.168.101.1:8081/home/
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

SB binds to 0.0.0.0 which should work for any IP or name assigned to your PC.
Di6iTAL

Post by Di6iTAL »

I officially want to take this program behind the bleachers and get it pregnant.

Thanks again for your help guys
exacta

Post by exacta »

Recently I was trying to get Sick Beard to place each episode in its own folder, but NOT within a season folder. In other words...

x:\tv\show\show - 1x01 - episode\show - 1x01 - episode.avi

instead of...

x:\tv\show\season #\show - 1x01 - episode.avi

Sick Beard's creator confirmed that, at the time, this wasn't possible to do with Sick Beard and its post processing exe for windows. He also doubted any reason one would have for it too, which I found odd, but regardless I realized the ability to have my paths set up how I'd like wouldn't be possible through Sick Beard.

Therefore, is there a way to have this done via SAB? I know in the documentation for Sick Beard it explicitly states to disable all post processing options in SAB since it could conflict with Sick Beard's post processing, but is there anything I'd be safe to play with in an attempt to get my tv show downloads in the place and hierarchy I'd prefer?
chokomon

Post by chokomon »

exacta wrote: Therefore, is there a way to have this done via SAB? I know in the documentation for Sick Beard it explicitly states to disable all post processing options in SAB since it could conflict with Sick Beard's post processing, but is there anything I'd be safe to play with in an attempt to get my tv show downloads in the place and hierarchy I'd prefer?
Wouldn't selecting "Enable TV Sorting" in SAB and using this sort string do what you want:
%sn/%sn - %sx%0e - %en/%sn - %sx%0e - %en.%ext

I use SAB's post-processing with SickBeard just fine.  You just disable it in SickBeard and enable in SAB. 
sentra99

Post by sentra99 »

ok i think i may know why I am getting the following error. It seems to only happen when i try to add a show. When another show is loading after adding it. If i wait till the show is done loading. I can then add another show witout getting the error.
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 660, in respond
  File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", line 193, in __call__
  File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
  File "sickbeard\webserve.pyo", line 642, in addShow
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 754, in __getitem__
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 733, in _nameToSid
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 536, in _getSeries
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 464, in _getetsrc
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 452, in _loadUrl
  File "lib\httplib2\__init__.pyo", line 1136, in request
  File "lib\httplib2\__init__.pyo", line 908, in _request
  File "lib\httplib2\__init__.pyo", line 878, in _conn_request
  File "httplib.pyo", line 972, in getresponse
  File "httplib.pyo", line 330, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'
adaemox
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by adaemox »

I've written an install and configuration guide for Ubuntu/Linux Mint if anyone's interested: http://www.ainer.org/?p=429.
Adaemox

SABnzbd+, Episode Butler, VDPAU, and Sick Beard Tutorials @ http://www.ainer.org

Ubuntu and Firefox Information at http://www.ainer.org
OneStepAhead

Post by OneStepAhead »

this is amazing! what a wonderful addon. thank you so much!