tvnzbrss.com feeds = "Incorrect parameter RSS Feed was empty"

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
tstack77

tvnzbrss.com feeds = "Incorrect parameter RSS Feed was empty"

Post by tstack77 »

I noticed that my RSS feeds have not been working for the past few weeks. I checked out my queue and I have about 50 "Trying to fetch NZB from..." downloads that are not working from my tvnzbrss feeds.

I previewed the links in the RSS section and they're both "Incorrect parameter  RSS Feed was empty". However, when I plug the links into my browser the feeds function correctly.

I have tried repasting the links, force downloading, etc, but I still get errors. Did something happen recently that killed tvnzbrss feeds in SAB?
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Re: tvnzbrss.com feeds = "Incorrect parameter RSS Feed was empty"

Post by inpheaux »

TVNZBRSS filters content from TVNZB.com. Feeds will be frequently empty for two reasons:
1) TVNZB.com only maintains a couple days worth of content in their feed. If your filters don't match anything within that rolling day or so of content, the feed will be empty.
2) TVNZB.com is presently in the process of melting down due to lack of maintenance and an administrator that's MIA. As such, their site is frequently down, or slow, or what have you.

Personally, TVNZB and TVNZBRSS have been working fine for me, even in these difficult times. If they're too flaky for you, find another nzb source.
Yarbles

Post by Yarbles »

I suspect tvnzb.com may have been hijacked, or perhaps it just finally got put out of it's misery. It now redirects to searchportal.information.com, which a Google search suggests is used for DNS hijacking. It could be an host parking page, but even when TVnzb was having issues it returned an empty RSS feed and not this page.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

Yarbles wrote: I suspect tvnzb.com may have been hijacked, or perhaps it just finally got put out of it's misery. It now redirects to searchportal.information.com, which a Google search suggests is used for DNS hijacking. It could be an host parking page, but even when TVnzb was having issues it returned an empty RSS feed and not this page.
It's still working via Google's public DNS servers, but something is obviously going on over there. Probably best to find an alternative, and soon.
tstack77

Post by tstack77 »

Thanks for the replies, I didn't even think to check if TVNZB was the issue. As to finding an alternative, is there a clear choice that functioned as easily as tvnzbrss filter? I currently have a premium account with nzbmatrix but I've never been able to set up a reliable feed correctly...
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »