Proper "add nzb" dialog/window for Plush theme

Want something added? Ask for it here.
owf

Proper "add nzb" dialog/window for Plush theme

Post by owf »

This is a mixture of a bug report/feature request.

Plush's "Add NZB" dropdown often doesn't work on Safari/WebKit (OS X), and works confusingly the rest of the time.

The problem is that after selecting a file to upload in Safari's Choose File sheet, if you aren't careful to place your mouse cursor back over where the dropdown is before dismissing the sheet (good luck guessing: it's usually obscured by the sheet), the dropdown disappears and forgets the file you want to upload. It typically takes several attempts to get the cursor in just the right place before hitting Enter to close the sheet.

Even when it does work, there's almost no feedback (only whatever your browser does when it's uploading, if anything) to tell you it worked, leaving you to either hit Refresh manually or wait the several seconds till the UI refreshes itself.

It would be great if Plush had a proper form for adding NZBs that doesn't simply disappear when the cursor leaves it, be it in the page itself or in a lightbox-style dialog, and the UI indicated immediately in some way whether the upload had succeeded or failed. The current implementation doesn't work well, and seems very ill-thought-out, in stark contrast to the otherwise very well-designed Plush theme.
owf

Re: Proper "add nzb" dialog/window for Plush theme

Post by owf »

Late, late reply, I know...

My suggestion would be, as I said above, a lightbox-style popup or a div containing the form that can expand open when "Add" is clicked and disappear again afterwards.

The problem with the current implementation is that the form disappears when the mouse focus leaves it, which is very awkward. Any implementation that stays open until the file has uploaded would be fine.

Sure there are other ways to add NZBs to SABnzbd, but only when you're working on the computer which the daemon is running on (which I never am). It makes sense to mount a network share and copy files over to a watched directory if there are 10 of them, but not for one.

I've also discovered that re-ordering the queue via drag-n-drop doesn't work in Chromium (5.0.342.9 on Ubuntu).
owf

Post by owf »

I'm using the custom 0.5.2 JCFP Debian packages.
owf

Post by owf »

Excuse my idiocy: re-ordering works fine in Chromium. It's the "add NZB" form that does not work at all, under any circumstances. It appears to be related to the same focus issues as WebKit.

It's in Prism webapps that re-ordering does not work at all. This is most weird, because it works fine in Firefox, which Prism uses.

This is on version 1.0b3+svn20100210r62050-0ubuntu1 of Prism, the current version on Ubuntu 10.0.4.