Episode butler crashing

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rascalli

Episode butler crashing

Post by rascalli »

Lately my episode butler start crashing.

In the log I see the following error :

May 19, 2010 6:38:07 AM com.janoz.eb.Core
SEVERE: Unexpected error...
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.janoz.news.impl.NewzBinConnectorImpl.fillNZBByReportId(Unknown Source)
at com.janoz.news.impl.NewzBinConnectorImpl.validate(Unknown Source)
at com.janoz.eb.config.Newzbin.deliverConfigurable(Newzbin.java:98)
at com.janoz.eb.impl.Configuration.constructSupplier(Configuration.java:107)
at com.janoz.eb.Core.doSearchAndDownload(Core.java:237)
at com.janoz.eb.Core.loop(Core.java:190)
at com.janoz.eb.Core.(Core.java:91)
at com.janoz.eb.Core.main(Core.java:325)

Anybody any idea ??
carphead

Re: Episode butler crashing

Post by carphead »

It's because Newzbin has shutdown.
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

however, through the tears I read in my email that Janoz should have a new integration working by the weekend !

Yipeee !
romeosidvicious

Post by romeosidvicious »

Start EB and delete your newzbin user/pass and it will run. It won't download anything but you can at least see the list of what you are missing.
chuckkay

Post by chuckkay »

That's great news that janoz is working on a integrating a different indexing site (by the weekend). Any idea which site he'll use, i had suggested to him nzbmatrix, but nzb(dot)org looks good too.
chuckkay

Post by chuckkay »

romeosidvicious wrote: Start EB and delete your newzbin user/pass and it will run. It won't download anything but you can at least see the list of what you are missing.
YES.. That's exactly what i did. for now...  it would be nice to have a little check box on the home screen next to each missed episode so we can tick off the episode if we found it manually. saving the process of going to shows, show name and check box on that screen (just an idea to save time) considering i expect the new indexing site wont be as good at finding episodes as newzbin was.
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

chuckkay wrote: That's great news that janoz is working on a integrating a different indexing site (by the weekend). Any idea which site he'll use, i had suggested to him nzbmatrix, but nzb(dot)org looks good too.
He said nzbs.org
adaemox
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by adaemox »

You guys might also check out SickBeard. I was using Episode Butler until I discovered how much easier and more robust SickBeard is. It already supports NZBS.org, NZBMatrix, and a few others. (Plus migrating to it wont take hardly any time as it auto scans your collection and marks what you have and what you dont!)
Adaemox

SABnzbd+, Episode Butler, VDPAU, and Sick Beard Tutorials @ http://www.ainer.org

Ubuntu and Firefox Information at http://www.ainer.org
mrsqrl

Post by mrsqrl »

So even with Newzbin being down, Episode Butler is a GREAT tool for keeping track of what shows have been downloaded and what needs to be downloaded next (missed).  I usually go through my "missed" rss feed and find these shows on other sites (nzbs.org, etc...).  After downloading them/adding to sabnzbd+, I will then check the "downloaded" check box on Episode Butlers' show page.

This is fine and dandy, but very tedious.  I finally got around to writing a GreaseMonkey script that will format the show to a searchable string and add relevant links to other indexing sites (passing in the formatted show name as a search parameter).

Has saved me TONS of time... check it out and let me know what you think ;)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2569529/episode ... er.user.js

also, Janoz wrote back to me with this nice bit of info:
"I changed the guid in the rss stream from the tvrage url to the episode id. I hope that makes the 'mark for download' a lot easier." :)
bacon

Post by bacon »

Does this mean that Janoz won't update Episode Butler? I already tried to convert to Sick Beard as it sounds quite promising but I always end up with an error message when trying to add a show ("TVDB error, unable to search for show title/info: Told to clean cache dir cache/tvdb but it does not exist")...
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

There is a new version : episodebutler-0.9.070

I have also set-up sickbeard & I really like it, more complicated then episode butler.
But I think it is more powerfull .. really love the post-process script to rename
bacon

Post by bacon »

Oh, thanks a lot, rascalli. I only checked the official site. Nevertheless, I'll also try to switch to SB. Just hav to figure out how to bypass the error message ;)
Hydden

Post by Hydden »

Also..  FYI...  Newsbin is BACK!

Enjoy.