Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
mkopel

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by mkopel »

just did a git pull to get the latest code. When sick beard finds an episode (so far only from nzbmatrix) it downloads it as a *.nzb.gz file. Is that correct? Is there a setting at nzbmatrix I need to set? os x does not uncompress the gzip-ed file. So sabnzbd does not pick it up from the watched folder. any ideas?

edit: I opened up the file in a text editor... all it says is 'error:please_wait_10'

seems odd since you are waiting 10 seconds in the logs..
Last edited by mkopel on May 26th, 2010, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manolodf

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by manolodf »

What i found is that for nzbmatrix you have to send to sabnzbd, but for others you can use the black hole.  I could not get the black hole to work with nzbmatrix myself.
Hydden

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by Hydden »

Sorry to interrupt all the tech talk but...  I *really* like this app!
I can't wait for the beta/final version to come out.
Sure, it's an alpha and there are a few glitches here and there, but overall - this is perfect for me.
I'm waiting on my next paycheck to land and then I'll be pressing that Donate button on the page.

Great job testing this out so thoroughly, everyone!

Hydden
computer

Post by computer »

Has any one been getting an error with the nzb.gz files, its snatching the nzb file fine but Iam getting this error nzbmatriz's site

2010-05-27 12:06:58,430
WARNING:
Invalid NZB file removedfor postingrules.nzb.gz, skipping (reason=syntax error, line=1)
manolodf

Post by manolodf »

Yea, if you are using nzbmatrix you have to send to sabnzbd you cant do black hole.  I ran into the same problem, the issue from what I see is the url its fetching is a .nzb file.  Yet it saves it as a .nzb.gz file in the black hole directory, so sabnzbd just cant do anything with it at all. 

If using nzbmtatrix change your send to sabnzbd option and then it should post it just fine.  I have a VIP account and that happens to me too.
computer

Post by computer »

manolodf wrote: Yea, if you are using nzbmatrix you have to send to sabnzbd you cant do black hole.  I ran into the same problem, the issue from what I see is the url its fetching is a .nzb file.  Yet it saves it as a .nzb.gz file in the black hole directory, so sabnzbd just cant do anything with it at all. 

If using nzbmtatrix change your send to sabnzbd option and then it should post it just fine.  I have a VIP account and that happens to me too.
Tried that Im still getting this is sabnzbd WARNING:
Invalid NZB file removed_posting_rules.nzb.gz, skipping (reason=syntax error, line=1)
So it must be an Nzbmatrix problem
manolodf

Post by manolodf »

Do you have a VIP account at NZB Matrix?

IN Sick Beard Config under Episode Downloads make sure under NZB Action you have Sabnzbd, save that. 

Then go to search providers, make sure you have your API key and everything and that NZBmatrix is the only active one, save then try it again.

Also go to your NZB Black Hole directory and delete the existing corrupted files from there.  I am guessing you have the latest version of sabnzbd 0.5.2?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

ShyPike said he'll fix the .nzb.gz bug for 0.5.3 FYI, bin-req and NZBMatrix should start working again for direct-to-sab users.
manolodf

Post by manolodf »

midgetspy,

Is there a fix, or a solution to the way sick beard searches nzbmatrix?  I think it must be something simple, but a few shows i wanted to get older episodes of, i marked as missed and even though I have strict SD quality settings on the show it grabs the x264 episodes (even though nzbmatrix did have the xvid/divx version available)

I have ran into this problem with a couple shows that I mark as missed then it tries to automatically grab them and grabs the mkv version instead of the correct one.
computer

Post by computer »

manolodf wrote: Do you have a VIP account at NZB Matrix?

IN Sick Beard Config under Episode Downloads make sure under NZB Action you have Sabnzbd, save that. 

Then go to search providers, make sure you have your API key and everything and that NZBmatrix is the only active one, save then try it again.

Also go to your NZB Black Hole directory and delete the existing corrupted files from there.  I am guessing you have the latest version of sabnzbd 0.5.2?
Yes of course I did make the matrix the only provider already as well I have now deleted all the nzb from temp and any others that were laying around I will let you know
if this works, thanks for the tips..
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

manolodf wrote: midgetspy,

Is there a fix, or a solution to the way sick beard searches nzbmatrix?  I think it must be something simple, but a few shows i wanted to get older episodes of, i marked as missed and even though I have strict SD quality settings on the show it grabs the x264 episodes (even though nzbmatrix did have the xvid/divx version available)

I have ran into this problem with a couple shows that I mark as missed then it tries to automatically grab them and grabs the mkv version instead of the correct one.
The fix is on NZBMatrix's side - when I search them I specify the category explicitly (xvid/x264 = SD/HD). The problem is that their API isn't respecting the category restrictions given to it - unless it's intentional I'm just going to wait for them to fix it. I'm in the process of completely redoing the quality stuff so I don't have to rely on the providers anyway, so in the future even when they break their API SB should still get good results (or none at all).
mkopel

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by mkopel »

mkopel wrote: just did a git pull to get the latest code. When sick beard finds an episode (so far only from nzbmatrix) it downloads it as a *.nzb.gz file. Is that correct? Is there a setting at nzbmatrix I need to set? os x does not uncompress the gzip-ed file. So sabnzbd does not pick it up from the watched folder. any ideas?

edit: I opened up the file in a text editor... all it says is 'error:please_wait_10'

seems odd since you are waiting 10 seconds in the logs..
thanks for the advice, sending straight to SAB fixed it up.
manolodf

Post by manolodf »

midgetspy,

I have sick beard running in windows, do you recommend i switch to a git hub install?  If so how would you recommend I migrate to a git install, and what windows program you recommend that way I can have the latest builds.  I just want to make sure I don't lose all the settings I have already done and shows etc.  If you know of a good way please let me know
Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

Not exactly sure on the update procedure for Windows but in Linux all you need to do is copy the new files over the older existing ones after you have shut sickbeard down. Then restart and since your config file is not stored within the sickbeard directory it remains intact and your config and shows remain intact. As for using git you can either install a git client or just go to the git repository and download the latest source build in either a zip file or tar.gz for Windows I would suggest the zip file.
manolodf

Post by manolodf »

Do you recommend a windows git client?