Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kierse

Re: Script Errors

Post by kierse »

Hey avatarr,
avatarr wrote: I just noticed today (not sure how long this has been going on) that the post-processing script from within SAB is giving an error:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/sabnzbd/scripts/episodesort.py", line 29, in <module>
    from mediarover.scripts.sabnzbd import episode
ImportError: No module named mediarover.scripts.sabnzbd
My logs show this happening as far back as from when I installed mediarover. It doesn't seem to be affecting the sorting (as best as I can tell). Being an anal person, however, seeing the error bothers me. Am I doing something wrong? I can't really make heads / tails of the error.

Thanks in advance. Also, apologies for my n00bness. :)
Hmm, that seems strange.  How is the sorting script being run?  Does SABnzbd call episodesort.py directly or do you use one of the shell scripts that are included with Media Rover?  Based on the error you are seeing, I don't think the sorting script is running at all.  You mentioned that things are being sorted, do you by chance have episode sorting turned on in SABnzbd?  If you do that would explain why things are being sorted.  In order to have MR sort the episode, you need to turn off sorting in SABnzbd.

Kierse

Post by avatarr »

kierse wrote: Hey avatarr,
avatarr wrote: I just noticed today (not sure how long this has been going on) that the post-processing script from within SAB is giving an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/sabnzbd/scripts/episodesort.py", line 29, in <module>
    from mediarover.scripts.sabnzbd import episode
ImportError: No module named mediarover.scripts.sabnzbd
My logs show this happening as far back as from when I installed mediarover. It doesn't seem to be affecting the sorting (as best as I can tell). Being an anal person, however, seeing the error bothers me. Am I doing something wrong? I can't really make heads / tails of the error.

Thanks in advance. Also, apologies for my n00bness. :)
Hmm, that seems strange.  How is the sorting script being run?  Does SABnzbd call episodesort.py directly or do you use one of the shell scripts that are included with Media Rover?  Based on the error you are seeing, I don't think the sorting script is running at all.  You mentioned that things are being sorted, do you by chance have episode sorting turned on in SABnzbd?  If you do that would explain why things are being sorted.  In order to have MR sort the episode, you need to turn off sorting in SABnzbd.

Kierse
I didn't have episode sorting turned on within SAB, though recently I did turn it on because it was acting a little wonky with movies and I figured what the hell - I'd turn it on for TV shows as well. What I did was just copy the episodesort.py file to the sabnzbd scripts folder. I don't call it from any script, which is perhaps where the problem exists. I don't remember seeing anything within the tutorial / setup for a script to call it (I'm not sure how to write the call script. I realize it's probably super easy, I just haven't come across proper syntax or whatever).

Thanks for the quick response, and for Media Rover overall.
kierse

Post by kierse »

avatarr wrote: I didn't have episode sorting turned on within SAB, though recently I did turn it on because it was acting a little wonky with movies and I figured what the hell - I'd turn it on for TV shows as well. What I did was just copy the episodesort.py file to the sabnzbd scripts folder. I don't call it from any script, which is perhaps where the problem exists. I don't remember seeing anything within the tutorial / setup for a script to call it (I'm not sure how to write the call script. I realize it's probably super easy, I just haven't come across proper syntax or whatever).

Ahh yes, that's your problem.  When you moved episodesort.py out of the MR directory, it won't be able to find the necessary files it needs and will therefore die horribly (the errors you've been seeing).  Put that file back where you found it and do one of the following:

1. Point the SABnzbd scripts folder at your MR folder.  While this option is quick and easy, every file in the MR directory will show up in the SABnzbd script drop down, which is less than optimal.  I would suggest the next option...

2. Copy one of the shell scripts (sabnzbd_episode_sort.X.example)  found in the MR/scripts directory (.bat.example for windows, .sh.example for Linux/OSX) into the SABnzbd scripts folder.  Rename the file and remove the '.example' bit.  Edit the file and fill in the necessary parameters.  Make the file executable and you should be good to go

As a side note: you can manually run the sorting script at any time.  Try this from the command line:

# python /path/to/mediarover/episodesort.py --help

or

# /path/to/sab/scripts/sabnzbd_episode_sort.sh --help

If you get a nice help message, you're probably good to go

Kierse

Post by avatarr »

kierse wrote:
avatarr wrote: I didn't have episode sorting turned on within SAB, though recently I did turn it on because it was acting a little wonky with movies and I figured what the hell - I'd turn it on for TV shows as well. What I did was just copy the episodesort.py file to the sabnzbd scripts folder. I don't call it from any script, which is perhaps where the problem exists. I don't remember seeing anything within the tutorial / setup for a script to call it (I'm not sure how to write the call script. I realize it's probably super easy, I just haven't come across proper syntax or whatever).

Ahh yes, that's your problem.  When you moved episodesort.py out of the MR directory, it won't be able to find the necessary files it needs and will therefore die horribly (the errors you've been seeing).  Put that file back where you found it and do one of the following:

1. Point the SABnzbd scripts folder at your MR folder.  While this option is quick and easy, every file in the MR directory will show up in the SABnzbd script drop down, which is less than optimal.  I would suggest the next option...

2. Copy one of the shell scripts (sabnzbd_episode_sort.X.example)  found in the MR/scripts directory (.bat.example for windows, .sh.example for Linux/OSX) into the SABnzbd scripts folder.  Rename the file and remove the '.example' bit.  Edit the file and fill in the necessary parameters.  Make the file executable and you should be good to go

As a side note: you can manually run the sorting script at any time.  Try this from the command line:

# python /path/to/mediarover/episodesort.py --help

or

# /path/to/sab/scripts/sabnzbd_episode_sort.sh --help

If you get a nice help message, you're probably good to go

Kierse
Great. I think that did it. I got the .sh script to show up in the scripts dropdown for sabnzbd and the help command seems to have worked out alright. We'll see come download time. :)

Thanks for all the quick assistance.

Re: Media Rover

Post by avatarr »

My NAS crashed and I had to set everything up again. I didn't realize that the QNAP TS-439 Pro nuked everything in the root directory on a reboot. Lesson learned, I guess. :)

While I was doing that though, I happened to notice that in my RSS feed that I'm scanning, it showed FIFA World Cup 2010. Is there a way I can add this to the list of recognized "shows". Put another way, how do I get mediarover to say "yeah, I need to get that one" and handle it like the other shows?

Sorry for the deluge of questions. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can and take advantage of all the power it has to offer.
sabbato753

So confused...

Post by sabbato753 »

Hi Kierse,

What an awesome program you've developed! 

I'm just trying to get your development version (5) up and running on my linux box, though, and I've run into an issue.  I used the rss feed from nzbs.org for x264, and it searched my directories, searched the feed and picked the proper episodes to download.  No problem there.

BUT - when I went to check out the queue in SAB, the link it had transfered was somehow invalid (not an NZB).  Instead, it's some weird index.php?... with the right number for the file's page but not the link to the nzb directly.

I'm sure I'm just missing something stupid, but I can't for the life of me make it operate correctly.  :(  All the wiki, etc. are based on your 0.4.1 stable and don't mention an error like this, particularly because it's getting the feeds correctly and checking the directories correctly and everything else right - just not putting the right info into SAB.

When i finally get this working, I promise to write you up some good documentation. ;)  It's a wonderful project, I'm just really struggling with getting it up and rolling.

Thanks for any help you can give!
kierse

Post by kierse »

avatarr wrote: My NAS crashed and I had to set everything up again. I didn't realize that the QNAP TS-439 Pro nuked everything in the root directory on a reboot. Lesson learned, I guess. :)

While I was doing that though, I happened to notice that in my RSS feed that I'm scanning, it showed FIFA World Cup 2010. Is there a way I can add this to the list of recognized "shows". Put another way, how do I get mediarover to say "yeah, I need to get that one" and handle it like the other shows?

Sorry for the deluge of questions. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can and take advantage of all the power it has to offer.
Sorry avatarr, MR doesn't currently know how to handle sporting events  :-\.  Sometime in the future I hope

Kierse
kierse

Re: So confused...

Post by kierse »

Hey sabbato753,
sabbato753 wrote: Hi Kierse,

What an awesome program you've developed! 

I'm just trying to get your development version (5) up and running on my linux box, though, and I've run into an issue.  I used the rss feed from nzbs.org for x264, and it searched my directories, searched the feed and picked the proper episodes to download.  No problem there.

BUT - when I went to check out the queue in SAB, the link it had transfered was somehow invalid (not an NZB).  Instead, it's some weird index.php?... with the right number for the file's page but not the link to the nzb directly.

I'm sure I'm just missing something stupid, but I can't for the life of me make it operate correctly.  :(  All the wiki, etc. are based on your 0.4.1 stable and don't mention an error like this, particularly because it's getting the feeds correctly and checking the directories correctly and everything else right - just not putting the right info into SAB.

When i finally get this working, I promise to write you up some good documentation. ;)  It's a wonderful project, I'm just really struggling with getting it up and rolling.

Thanks for any help you can give!
check the nzbs.org RSS page again, it sounds like you are missing the download flag in the url.  Add &dl=1 and the links will point to the nzb instead of the report page

Kierse
sabbato753

Re: So confused...

Post by sabbato753 »

kierse wrote: Hey sabbato753,

check the nzbs.org RSS page again, it sounds like you are missing the download flag in the url.  Add &dl=1 and the links will point to the nzb instead of the report page

Kierse
Awww, bloody 'ell.  Yep, somehow missed it.  Now working.    I guess it's time to start tweaking my RSS feeds now, cause I want it to be able to pull a bunch of back episodes (So that if I add a series, I actually get all of the old eps like one can with HellaVCR).  There's so much tweaking that seems like it can be done here - I'll be happy to help in future testing going forward. :)

Also, PM me regarding your wiki and I'll try to help write/update documentation for you!

*EDIT:  Is there a way to alert XBMC to refresh the library when the episode processing is complete?  I know it exists in other python code (like SickBeard), but I'm useless outside of ASM so I can't tell you how to do it. :)
Last edited by sabbato753 on June 24th, 2010, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sabbato753

Post by sabbato753 »

Hey Kierse,

How about the ability to process a whole season or series inside of one NZB when it comes to the auto-sort feature?  I just pulled down a whole season because I wanted to see if I liked it, and Media Rover kind of choked on its episode-sort.  Is this a calibration issue on my part, or something on your script? 

I want to be careful not to enable MR to automatically download "multiple" episodes that are in the same video file, but I don't mind if it picks up an NZB that contains two or more distinct episodes.
paulkoan

Duplicates not matching

Post by paulkoan »

Hello,

I am using the latest git pull of mediarover, and the dupe matching doesn't seem to be working:

2010-06-30 06:30 DEBUG - begin processing item 'episode.S03E03.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE' - __init__.py:320
2010-06-30 06:30 ERROR - episode 'episode - 3x03' does not exist on disk - error.py:45
2010-06-30 06:30 DEBUG - matched series alias 'trueblood' - series.py:81
2010-06-30 06:30 DEBUG - download 'episode - 3x03' FOUND in queue - queue.py:116
2010-06-30 06:30 INFO - skipping 'episode.S03E03.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE', in download queue - __init__.py:370

$ ls /home/share/video/tv/True\ Blood/
episode - S03E02 - Beautifully Broken.avi
episode - S03E02 - Beautifully Broken.mkv
episode - S03E03 - It Hurts Me Too.avi
episode - S03E03 - It Hurts Me Too.mkv
/home/share/video/tv is my root for mediarover

I am not using sorting.  It tried to download a third S03E03 before I deleted it and you can see two E02s there already that it duplicated.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Last edited by paulkoan on June 30th, 2010, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
funtek

Bug in sorting

Post by funtek »

Just read the last couple of pages, so sorry if this has been posted already....

When SABNzbd 0.5.3 is setup to handle nzbmatrix categories* from RSS**, it causes the sorting script not to run on my windows box. It gives this error on the History page: ERROR: incorrect number of arguments!

My guess is that Mediarover sorting is assuming that there will be one non-deliminated string as the category, and when it gets my amended settings of "TV, tv.*", it's choking.

*(changing the Newzbin/Groups column on the categories view for the TV category to "TV, tv.*" instead of the "TV" that is default)
**(so SAB will put nzbs in the right queue category when you bookmark them on nzbmatrix and then have sab check your personal nzbmatrix rss feed)

BTW: Great work with the updates! This is the only problem I've found so far with the current release!
Last edited by funtek on June 30th, 2010, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey bischoff,
bischoff wrote: Sorry for not being 100% clear on my post, but I meant that there was no SxxExx structure in the filename. It is listed with the date and year instead of SxxExx :-) I'm sending you the sorting log now, and will try the latest development code when I get home later. Thanks!
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  I had a look at the logging output you sent me and tracked down the problem.  There is indeed an error in MR 0.4.1 with how it handles daily episodes, but I'm not going to fix it  :(.  The application has changed considerably since the 0.4.x release and I don't want to expend any energy fixing it.  I'm going to be releasing 0.5.0 in the next couple of days (pending any major bugs) and (among many other things) it fixes your problem.

Thanks for the bug report though; keep em coming!

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey sabbato753,
sabbato753 wrote: Hey Kierse,

How about the ability to process a whole season or series inside of one NZB when it comes to the auto-sort feature?  I just pulled down a whole season because I wanted to see if I liked it, and Media Rover kind of choked on its episode-sort.  Is this a calibration issue on my part, or something on your script? 

I want to be careful not to enable MR to automatically download "multiple" episodes that are in the same video file, but I don't mind if it picks up an NZB that contains two or more distinct episodes.
Unfortunately, MR doesn't support full seasons / bulk downloads yet either.  That too is a future goal (hopefully one that isn't too far away)  :-\

Kierse
kierse

Re: Duplicates not matching

Post by kierse »

Hey paulkoan,

A couple of things:

1. are you running the latest (or at least very recent) code from the dev branch?  The reason I ask is that back on April 26th I pushed some updates that change how errors were logged.  Going forward, you shouldn't see lines like the one you posted below (all errors were reported as having occurred in error.py at line 45 which is pretty useless to me).
paulkoan wrote:

2010-06-30 06:30 ERROR - episode 'True Blood - 3x03' does not exist on disk - error.py:45
If you are running code that was released after that date you shouldn't be seeing this type of logging output.  Unless...

2. When you update the code, are you unpacking the new version on top of the existing folder? I've run into problems when people unpack a new version on top of the existing one.  This is problematic as old code that's been removed from one update to another can stick around and cause problems.

I spent some time attempting to replicating your problem without success.  I'll keep digging and see what I can find.  I might just have missed something simple

Kierse