CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rascalli

Re: NZB Movie Manager - Automatic Movie Downloader

Post by rascalli »

RuudBurger wrote: No special permission. Try running MM as root and see if that works.
The user that runs MM does have to have access & writing permissions to the directories of course.
How do you have the folders set ?
Do you have it mounted in moviemanager ?
Or pointing to a mount point ?
Or just direct ?

And what are the settings in sabnzbd for this categorie ?
Last edited by rascalli on July 5th, 2010, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Does your log say anything? like "Watched folder doesn't exist."?
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

* When is this running ?   As I just saw it moved something I downloaded last night
* I was thinking it would run right after the download has finished ..

please advise ;-)

Also .. it did not delete the folder in my download dir , can you please add that feature ?
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

It runs every minute.

And yes, trash the left over files, is on my todo list
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

I made a special category for this.
And it seems to be working on restart.

But after that it somehow stops ...
Latest message I have is :

20:28:24,077 INFO  [app.lib.cron.cronRenamer] File still unpacking.
20:28:24,095 INFO  [app.lib.cron.cronRenamer] File still unpacking.
20:29:24,273 INFO  [app.lib.cron.cronRenamer] Found movie via History.

And we are now 30 minutes later, but nothing has happend since then ....

--------

In the log I also saw these 2 different messages/loggings :

MESSAGE 1 :

20:04:09,707 WARNI [imdbpy.parser.http.domparser] unable to use "lxml": No module named lxml.html
20:04:09,893 WARNI [imdbpy.parser.http.domparser] falling back to "beautifulsoup"
20:04:12,474 WARNI [imdbpy.parser.http.domparser] unable to use "lxml": No module named lxml.html
20:04:12,476 WARNI [imdbpy.parser.http.domparser] falling back to "beautifulsoup"
20:04:12,485 WARNI [imdbpy.parser.http.domparser] unable to use "lxml": No module named lxml.html
20:04:12,487 WARNI [imdbpy.parser.http.domparser] falling back to "beautifulsoup"
20:04:14,615 WARNI [imdbpy.parser.http.domparser] unable to use "lxml": No module named lxml.html
20:04:14,616 WARNI [imdbpy.parser.http.domparser] falling back to "beautifulsoup"

Any idea ?

MESSAGE 2 :

20:03:22,434 ERROR [app.lib.cron.cronRenamer] Creating directory /storage2/Movies/MOVIE NAME, chmod: 511

It creates the movie & folder .. so no idea what this means ..
so maybe someone can help
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

This is some weird stuff.. :P
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

jonaskp wrote: Hey
Just found this and it looks like it's excactly what I've been looking for.
Unfortunately I am a python noob, and I have absolutely no idea what to download and how I should install it. Is it just me, or would it be possible for a very short installation instruction?

Second question, do you know if it is possible to run this on a NAS? I run Sabnzbd on my QNAP, and would like to also install this on the same machine.
If you are running SABnzbd on your Qnap then you probably are using the qpkg for SAB as well as the qpkg for Python, however the python is only v2.5.2 not v2.6 which is what MovieManager needs.

So at the moment I am trying to figure out if and how I can install 2.6 either over my 2.5.2 Python or if and how I should install a second version of python and start MovieManager with the 2.6 python install.

I am relatively new to this level of mucking around with linux so if anyone can answer the above it would be great.

PSPgimp
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

Ok, So I have this running now on my QNAP

First off, if you have Python installed from a .QPKG as of writing this post QNAP have only got Python 2.5.2 and Movie-Manager requires 2.6 so it won't work.

However by following below you should be able to get everything installed and up and running fine on your QNAP SAN.

First of all download PUTTY and WINSCP, both essential tools for mucking around with your QNAP/Linux machine.

Using putty SSH into your QNAP, login and change directory to your .qpkg install area, mine was as follows.

#   CD /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/

now install CouchPotato from GitHub

#   git clone http://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato.git

This should create a folder in the .qpkg folder called CouchPotato

At this point you need to edit the /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/CouchPotato/config.ini file with the settings/port number/username/password settings you will be wanting to connect to on your CouchPotato, I use winSCP to connect and browse the files to do this but you can use VI to edit ig you like.

now change dir into the CouchPotato folder and see if the app/daemon will start

# /usr/bin/python CouchPotato -d

if it fails because of a Python version error then you will get a load of text up - if it runs fine it should just go back to the command prompt.

If it doesn't run then you probably need to install Python 2.6 or later.

If you have not installed it already, install the OptWare .QPKG application from the .QPKG installer section of the administrator interface.

Now from a command prompt type

#  ipkg install python26

This will install the python2.6 package for you to the correct location without any intervention.

Now try running Movie-Manager again using the following command

/opt/bin/python2.6 CouchPotato.py -d

it should now run without any errors and return to the command prompt and you should be able to access to interface on the port you entered in the config.ini the default was set to 5000 if you have not altered it. Apart from that don't forget to edit your SABnzbd and nzbs.org settings in the config.ini file.

If you change anything in there btw it seems you need to kill the CouchPotato process and re-run it to do that do the following.

#  ps aux | grep Movie
[this will tell you the process number like below]

9818 admin     16268 S   /opt/bin/python2.6 CouchPotato.py -d
10604 admin       512 S   grep Couch
[so in my case the process is running as number 9818 so we will kill that process, btw you may see it running as Python2.6]

#  Kill 9818

Now make sure you have saved your edited/changed config.ini and restart CouchPotato again.

#  /opt/bin/python2.6 CouchPotato.py -d

Hope this helps any QNAP users get up and running with this really cool application.

PSPgimp
Last edited by pspgimp on August 14th, 2010, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

Ok, it was working fine last night now whenever I try to add a movie, and I have tried lots I get a pop up box which says :-

"Couldn't find the movie year on themoviedb.org, so you have to fill it in yourself, to make others happy, you could go to themoviedb.org and fill it in yourself"

When I go to themoviedb all the movies I am trying have the year of release in the info, and all have the year after the movie title.

It's all a bit strange as I have 5 or 6 movies setup fine last night and one actually downloaded fine.

Aside from tis quite major bug I love the solution, it would however be cool to have the following features also :-

1. nice to select quality/codec settings and it would also be nice if it could download in one format say TS first and watch keep watching for better quality say DVD and then BlueRay, in a similar way that SickBeard can be set to do this.

2. If it told you when it downloaded the movie, what format and from where (including a link to the page - so you can leave comments about quality etc)

3. Ability to select what languages etc to download

4. next to movie to have cinema release date / dvd release date / blueray release date.

5. a shutdown button

6. a config are in the web gui so I don't have to winscp to the config.ini file.

Would it not be worthwhile in fact for Movie-Manager and SickBeard to team up as it would be an awesome single solution ?

PSPgimp
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

pspgimp wrote: Ok, it was working fine last night now whenever I try to add a movie, and I have tried lots I get a pop up box which says :-

"Couldn't find the movie year on themoviedb.org, so you have to fill it in yourself, to make others happy, you could go to themoviedb.org and fill it in yourself"

When I go to themoviedb all the movies I am trying have the year of release in the info, and all have the year after the movie title.

It's all a bit strange as I have 5 or 6 movies setup fine last night and one actually downloaded fine.
I also randomly get this message quite a lot!
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

The year bug should be fixed in next release, but im working on a mayor update for quality, so everything is broken. So I can't push to git. Should be out today.

Quality settings:

You can create a custom quality-search. Where you let it search for certain types of qualities in a given order. For each quality you can give the option to mark the movie as "downloaded" (the "Finish" checkbox).
There's also an option to wait for an X amount of days, before it should download that version.

Explanation for the sample above:
It will search for 720p, 1080p, BR-rip, dvdrip (in that order)
If dvdrip is found, it waits 3 days, before it downloads. Giving it enough time for the 2 HD versions to be released.
Both 720p and 1080p will mark the movie "downloaded" and will remove it from the "wanted"-list. 720p is preferred, as it's on top.

Any suggestions? Hope it isn't very confusing. :P

Config and settings can be edited in the GUI, you dont need to edit the config.ini directly (see big "Settings" button on top of the page ;)

Release date etc is on my todolist

Ill think about the other features mentioned. Thanks!
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

Like the idea for the quality searches!

Just another thing, i noticed in the screen shots on GitHub you had The A-Team in your list

I have added this movie to my list but it shows as The ATeam (no hyphen)

Will this affect the searches? i.e. it wont find the movie to download because the hyphen is missing!?
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Yes it will.. thanks
Fixed in next release
pspgimp

Post by pspgimp »

RuudBurger wrote: The year bug should be fixed in next release, but im working on a mayor update for quality, so everything is broken. So I can't push to git. Should be out today.

Any suggestions? Hope it isn't very confusing. :P

Config and settings can be edited in the GUI, you dont need to edit the config.ini directly (see big "Settings" button on top of the page ;)

Release date etc is on my todolist

Ill think about the other features mentioned. Thanks!
Excellent news, cannot wait tot play with this new version. (and for the year bug to be fixed!)

That seems a pretty simple way to do the quality migration settings.

Sorry about the "settings" I had seen it and even gone in there, just didn't notice the buttons down the left.... sorry, it was late last night when I set it up and did the qnap instructions!, and I didn't check there again this morning !

I must say it is looking really good, and it worked really well for the movies that I test downloaded last night.

PSPgimp
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Cool thanks.

As this is my first opensource project. I still have to get used to debugging this way..
The renaming stuff for instance runs fine on my Ubuntu server, all the rights etc work. But when something goes wrong on someone else his/her installation, it's a bitch to debug it, when all you have is a forum to chat on ;).
So hope you guys can stick with me for a while and resolve the bigger issues :D!