Is there any way to filter out already downloaded episodes in RSS feeds?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
crackofdawn

Is there any way to filter out already downloaded episodes in RSS feeds?

Post by crackofdawn »

As the question states...if I am using the RSS feature to have it automatically download things that match a certain string, is there any script or other way to tell it not to download if the "first part" matches something that has already been downloaded?  Ie: S03E15 ?

I end up with 4+ copies of some episodes because they get uploaded sometimes and the name is just slightly different (ie: "Dimension" or "CoreHD" at the end or something), would be nice to have it filter based on just the beginning of the string.  I would use a different wild card like specifically look for "Dimension" but then sometimes that one doesn't get uploaded or something and I miss the show completely.

Thanks in advance for any help!
crackofdawn

Re: Is there any way to filter out already downloaded episodes in RSS feeds?

Post by crackofdawn »

Wow I'm a tard didn't see that there was already a thread 2 below this one asking the exact same question  :'(
PermaNoob

Post by PermaNoob »

The other thread wasn't answered, so bumping this one since I have this question too.

Looking at the filter help, I think what I have to do is ( Accept || ShowName 720p hdtv x264 ) first, then ( Reject || ShowName*720p*hdtv*x264 ) second in the Rss filter. This way it will only accept the first showname 720p hdtv x264 it comes across, and reject each one after that. Is this right?

EDIT- Yea, that's wrong, I think. It would probably end up accepting only the next show, then rejecting all of the eps after that too. I think the python expressions may help, but I'm not a programmer. Will look through them.

EDIT- Lesson in banging my head against a brick wall.
Last edited by PermaNoob on August 4th, 2010, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewdatrip
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by drewdatrip »

I know this is not a direct answer to your question. However from my understanding RSS feed are somewhat limited when it comes to what your asking. I would recommend running sickbeard to compliment Sab it would take care if what u are asking and much more 
crackofdawn

Post by crackofdawn »

PermaNoob wrote: The other thread wasn't answered, so bumping this one since I have this question too.

Looking at the filter help, I think what I have to do is ( Accept || ShowName 720p hdtv x264 ) first, then ( Reject || ShowName*720p*hdtv*x264 ) second in the Rss filter. This way it will only accept the first showname 720p hdtv x264 it comes across, and reject each one after that. Is this right?

EDIT- Yea, that's wrong, I think. It would probably end up accepting only the next show, then rejecting all of the eps after that too. I think the python expressions may help, but I'm not a programmer. Will look through them.

EDIT- Lesson in banging my head against a brick wall.
Haha your edits cracked me up if that makes you feel any better.

Maybe I'll look into a TV addon like sickbeard of episode butler to accomplish this instead of the RSS feed in sabnzbd - I'll try it out soon and let everyone know how it works.
feerlessleadr

Post by feerlessleadr »

check out this thread that i created to deal with 'proper' and 'repack' releases.

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=4378.0